Will Tiger Woods make a comeback to Golf?

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All of us Die-Hard Golfers know about what happened to Ben Hogan "back in the day", so how many of you think Tiger will make a comeback to the game of Golf?

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m hoping he he makes a comeback but he’s going to be out at least 9months and Tiger needs intense rehab.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tiger

Like many I would love to see him make a comeback but the odds are not with him I believe. Besides the long rode he has ahead of himself just to recover and learn how to walk, and stand again he will have months of conditioning after that to get in shape to attempt golf again. Knowing how legs are a big part of one's swing /game he has a long way to go to make a major comeback considering his age.

Wishing him the best!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Tiger's best days are behind him and he should focus on his sobriety and getting his life back on track,,,, :) Get well soon Tiger,,,, A fan.

B

bruno1234poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so. He doesn't need money or glory, but it is a personal thing and the recovery influences the mind. Only the time will tell.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’d really like to see it happen you never can count him out hope for a quick recovery for Tiger.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to believe he was going to be competitive even before the car accident. 5 back surgeries, multiple knee surgeries, and now leg fractures. Hard to be a great golfer with a bad back, or a bad knee, or a bad leg. He has problems with all of them.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Has it been established yet what caused his accident?

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Woods will be back on the golf course. He has been through a lot in his life, he will survive this too. I hope so because he is a formidable golf player.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hard to believe he was going to be competitive even before the car accident. 5 back surgeries, multiple knee surgeries, and now leg fractures. Hard to be a great golfer with a bad back, or a bad knee, or a bad leg. He has problems with all of them.
I agree. Hopefully he can recover from his injuries successfully and be able to play golf again someday. but I don't believe he'll be able to comeback and be competitive again at the highest level.

Not yet. It looks like it'll take weeks to determine what happened.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Health to him. Let him get better. The main thing is health. Whether it comes out or not is not the main thing.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Seems unlikely & not really sure actually competing is all that high on his list anymore.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Would love to see him comeback “again” and win some more majors!

O

Osnum1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All of us Die-Hard Golfers know about what happened to Ben Hogan "back in the day", so how many of you think Tiger will make a comeback to the game of Golf?
I do think he will make a comeback. Not necessarily to play and win like he was, but more along the lines of an Alex Smith comeback. Return to prove that he can still play. Either way hope to see him back on the course at some point on the PGA tour.

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think Tiger Wood is similiar to phil ivy , They look like brothers .

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to see him play again ,he once said he would not play if he did not feel he was competitive and I dont see him ever playing again

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

No. the police needed a warrant to remove the car's trip computer which happened yesterday (no idea why it took over week).

No doubt Tiger is the greatest golfer ever and all wish him well.

The accident however was odd. Early a.m., little traffic and no signs of braking or swerving - which means Tiger was unfocused, possibly asleep at the wheel. The stretch of road is known as dangerous but the actual accident rate is once a month.

The sad thing was the day before Tiger was speculating he might just be able to play the upcoming Masters if his recovery (back) kept on pace.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that he will play again, not sure if he will be good enough to win a major though. We will see I guess.

V

vanish123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no comeback. to fragile and to old. it happend ones, not twice

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
wishing him a successful recovery. Not optimistic about his return to the PGA Tour. More likely the Champions Tour - if any competitive golf at all. That leg fracture was massive. Add in all his other surgeries and he will be a very fragile body.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not believe that he will play at a great level again. Unfortunately!

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
No.

But, he's definitely the best golfer in my life time and I hope he is not lost to golf forever.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possibly the greatest golfer ever, what a legend. Sadly, even before his accident, he admitted that he could no longer get his body to do what it used to. He was pretty badly damaged by various injuries and operations already. This accident probably means the end of his playing competitively at the highest level. We can only hope for a return to some state of good health and living.

Last edited: