Will the Canes pull it off?

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been a fan since the Whalers and myself moved to NC the same year. While I'm not surprised they made the playoffs this year (what a drought!) I am surprised they have taken this series to 7. I'm a fan....but I'm also a realist. But now...I want Ovi OUT. Can they do it? Should be a fun game.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, hot damn! What a game that was! Look forward to seeing what they'll do next.

Can we talk about NHL officiating? I understand they let things go in the playoffs but then you get that cross check call in the sharks/knights game as a 5 min major. Then in the Canes OT they don't call an obvious delay of game penalty against Washington....or the missed call on Martinook taking down Orpick. It seems so bad or, is it because they let a lot go, that the bad calls are magnified?

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im betting they do pull it off

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My money is on the Islanders to win the series, but I am from Long Island so I am biased. I am also on the Blue Jackets to win the series against the Bruins. If they meet I dont know who I am going to back.

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My money is on the Islanders to win the series, but I am from Long Island so I am biased. I am also on the Blue Jackets to win the series against the Bruins. If they meet I dont know who I am going to back.

I like columbus over the bruins too.

Also rooting for islanders, they deserve some playoff success.

Even tho i hate new york.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well well well.....A shocking sweep in round 2. I as a Canes fan did not see that coming. I am currently pulling for Columbus to win so Canes get home ice. That and I have a general disdain for Boston teams. I was able to go to game 3 and that stadium was ridiculously loud. I've been to a lot of games over the last 15 years including playoff games and that was the loudest it's been when I was there. I really didn't want the Columbus/Boston series to go to 7....I feel that's too much time of rest but...it is what it is. I guess we see what happens in game 6. I like the Sharks in the West I think.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the Canes have very good chance to win it all. Defense and smart play will take them far.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m definitely rooting for them I can see the canes taking Boston in seven. If they can beat Boston there’s a good chance they’ll take the cup.

J

jesterr44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been a fan since the Whalers and myself moved to NC the same year. While I'm not surprised they made the playoffs this year (what a drought!) I am surprised they have taken this series to 7. I'm a fan....but I'm also a realist. But now...I want Ovi OUT. Can they do it? Should be a fun game.
They did it! Now can they oust the Bruins and that rat #63?

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They did it! Now can they oust the Bruins and that rat #63?

I'm hoping! They gotta stay outta the box. They dominated the first 2 periods game 1 and stupid Dougie Hamilton takes 2 really dumb penalties and that just killed them. Canes PK is good but Boston's PP is better. Stay 5 on 5 and Canes can win this but I think it'll be 7 games.

I've been watching the West too...San Jose is a very impressive team.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
They've got enough offense to do it against Boston. Thought the Canes were going to take Game 1.

Today will be interesting

Carolina ML @ +132 or -1.5 Boston @ +175

Game 1: https://imgur.com/K8MG3dk

Last edited:
NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was an embarrassing game 2. Petr needs to ride the pine going forward. D was completely asleep all game. Slavin who is usually on point was non existent.