Why the cavs will represent the east in the finals

B

Blackulakingz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Let me start by saying this is just my opinion, an opinion that has evolved from watching 32 years of nba basketball. Lebron james may be the best all around basketball player the game has ever seen.I must point out i said "ALL AROUND" never said he was jordan. Rebounding the basketball will be huge for the cavs.With lebron,kevin,andy,and shawn playing huge rolls they should out rebound most clubs on a nightly basis. Speed kills in the nba and with the ball in the hands of irving or james with either filling the lane along with waiters, MY GOODNESS. Veterans and Youth mixed nicely with great outside shooting and perimter defenders.Having said that they have some glaring weaknesses, of which coaching is one and cohesiveness another. That is why i stopped short of saying they will win it all this year, they dont know one another even tho it did happen in 2008. Blatt is unproven im not saying he can't coach because i honestly don't know, im just saying that no one knows if he can coach in the league because until now he hasn't. Interior defending may also be considered a weakness because love and andy's specialty is not blocking shots or even altering them. Andy is solid block defender love is suspect.Finally the cavs have the talent to make up for some of their weaknesses where other clubs don't quite honestly. The east is better but i see no one other than chicago giving them any problems. FINALS BOOK IT.

K

Kongol

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you 100% not a HUGE basketball fan, but I have been watching it a lot more lately. I agree east is better, but still not even close to as good as the west. I really only see Cleveland or chicago. Chicago really only depends on Rose's health, and switching out a washed up boozer for a pau gasol should instantly do wonders

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BUCKETS

Attachments

• buckets.jpg
    buckets.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 13
G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every time i see the cavs lose it makes me happy

The wizards are better. So are a few other teams

2nd round at BEST

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point the East is wide open for the first time in years. Washington, Toronto, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. could all represent the conference in the finals. The fact remains that Cleveland has the best player in the game, obviously LeBron, making them a top contender.
I love seeing the Cavs struggles this year. Kevin Love is mostly a stat sheet filler who doesn't bother to play defense and Kyrie is not a PG who also doesn't care about D'ing up.

bredstik

bredstik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not looking so good for the Cavs to represent the East at this point. They look like quite the mess. I do think they'll get it together before the playoffs start, but I don't think they're as likely to make it to the finals as I did before the season.

M

Mheat2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Cavs definetly put them selves in a great position by adding Shumpert and Smith. They have a lot of talent and they seem to work well together