Who is watching wrestling?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's watching wrestling? Why wrestlers die most often from a stroke or cardiac arrest what is the reason?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to watch wrestling a lot as a kid. Now that I work, have less time to watch and catch up to do things.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who's watching wrestling? Why wrestlers die most often from a stroke or cardiac arrest what is the reason?

As a kid I watched a lot of wrestling. Mainly in the 90's when it was the best. Sometimes I watch old matches like Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior, matches of Mr Perfect (I disliked him but now I see that he was the most skilled of all), story of NWO...the huge and extremely powerful wrestlers of that era.
I often watch this as a sport. They do things what common people would die immediatelly. It's a profession and for them learning how to do these fights takes a lot of time and practice.

Unfortunatelly many of them died. Mainly the reason is steroid abuse like Fvendal said. Their hearts gets big over the years and they get fatal heart attack (Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Brittish Bulldog, Big Boss Man and many more...).
Some of them died by drug overdose and suicide.
I still dont know why Ms Elisabeth got this fate (drug overdose). She was beautiful and I'm sure half of USA's men would have married her happily.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a kid I watched a lot of wrestling. Mainly in the 90's when it was the best. Sometimes I watch old matches like Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior, matches of Mr Perfect (I disliked him but now I see that he was the most skilled of all), story of NWO...the huge and extremely powerful wrestlers of that era.
I often watch this as a sport. They do things what common people would die immediatelly. It's a profession and for them learning how to do these fights takes a lot of time and practice.

Unfortunatelly many of them died. Mainly the reason is steroid abuse like Fvendal said. Their hearts gets big over the years and they get fatal heart attack (Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Brittish Bulldog, Big Boss Man and many more...).
Some of them died by drug overdose and suicide.
I still dont know why Ms Elisabeth got this fate (drug overdose). She was beautiful and I'm sure half of USA's men would have married her happily.
\

I feel the same way.
I watched WWE even when it was still WWF, when vince macmahon was still a commentator/host of the show. Now i dont even know who the current wrestlers are, except for john cena.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
\

I feel the same way.
I watched WWE even when it was still WWF, when vince macmahon was still a commentator/host of the show. Now i dont even know who the current wrestlers are, except for john cena.

Me too. I know very few. Maybe Big Show, Triple H are still in the business. Hogan and Ric Flair sometimes show up there as guests. On youtube I saw a video where he talked about the passed away Jene Okerlund. It's good to see that Hogan is still doing well, he was the best and he could make the biggest career in this sport. The kids admired him like I did. He is special, a true showman and sportsman.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I missed wrestling this past Monday since they went old school.. they had wrestlers from the 80's and 90's which was cool. i recorded it on my DVR which i'm going to try to watch it tonight.

aGreen

aGreen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched wrestling as a kid. Undertaker, Kayne, brothers hardy, and for sure GOLDBERG, was a great time:)

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't watch it anymore. It use to be huge when I was in my early 20s. Monday night wars, WWE vs WCW. That was the best time to be a fan. But like most who were into it back then, I lost interest over time.

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I used to love wrestling as a kid. Had the action figures/toys and would practice wrestling moves on the other kids at school recess!! :D:boxing:

But when I understood that it was fake, there was no reason to keep watching it!! :D:eek:

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched wrestling in my very childhood and didn’t even understand that they were fighting in no real. I believed that they were strong people and they really hit each other.He began to watch old versions of wrestling in which such a group as the Wolf Pack, which included Sting, Kevin Nash, and other fighters participated.The invincible Goldberg won the match against 100 opponents. And recently I saw a video of one of Wrestling’s fighters, named Diamond Dallas Page, raising a disabled person to his feet and giving him the opportunity to walk again and even run, an incredible event. Glory to such people.

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did when I was a teen ))) I believed it was real)))))

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Male soap opera ,was decent in the 80s and 90s ant do it since

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i watch wrestling on tv

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched wrestling back in 1999

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to mention Randy Orton who is still active. He would be also a star in the 90's amongst the wrestling legends in that era. He got the size, the personality, the skill.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fake wrestling or real wrestling like Olympics sports?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he takes too much drugs which weakens the heart. you add bodybuilding and all the shocks he takes to the head. it is normal that there are health problems.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to watch wrestling all the time when I was young in the 70's, 80's, 90's. I can't even tell you who my favorite was maybe Rick Flair. I never forget one of his interviews when he said "I'm the world champion and if I have to slap you, I'll slap you!"

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I use to watch wrestling, my favorite was Ulitmate Warrior , if I remember correctly.

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be a big fan of wrestling back in the early 2000s when it was all about Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Mankind, and Goldberg to name a few. I used to watch it faithfully every week. But as with a lot of things, I lost interest in it after a while. Haven't watch it in years and couldnt tell you half of the wrestlers if I were to tune in now.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunatelly an other wrestling legend died about two weeks ago. He was only 63. I watched him many times when I was a kid.
Scott Hall (1958-2022)
Rest in peace!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was watching wrestling but it’s not as good as it used to be.