Who likes dog racing?

kaper0071

kaper0071

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe share links where you can watch them in real time but for free.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, I guess it's better than trots racing... but so are most other things.

I look at it this way: if people couldn't gamble on it, dog racing would disappear pretty much overnight.

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing more than animal cruelty.
Could you explain why? I mean if you fart these days you hear someone calling you out for animal cruelty. I would guess the dogs like to run and chase that rabbit-thing don't they?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not so much dog racing but I like dog training like the westminster kennel club.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Could you explain why? I mean if you fart these days you hear someone calling you out for animal cruelty. I would guess the dogs like to run and chase that rabbit-thing don't they?

You dont think the animals are treated like a commodity , ‘ thrown in the trash ‘ as soon as they arent profitable? Its been well documented that dog/horse racing has an ugly side. I bet that ugly side is the majority not the minority. Heck, police dogs arent immune to this when they are no longer viable to serve. Humans and animals dont mix.

LarsLucidor

LarsLucidor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont think the animals are treated like a commodity , ‘ thrown in the trash ‘ as soon as they arent profitable? Its been well documented that dog/horse racing has an ugly side. I bet that ugly side is the majority not the minority. Heck, police dogs arent immune to this when they are no longer viable to serve. Humans and animals dont mix.
Then that's the problem I assume? Not the dog racing itself. I'm pretty sure there are people in the dog racing business that treat their dogs well.

kaper0071

kaper0071

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watched the video that after a career, they live happily, if there are those people who lose money on this, you need to play for little money, just as entertainment and interest in the evening. Oh, there is someone to be offended, because dogs can not cheat.

kaper0071

kaper0071

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, this is the most honest type of bets, because they are by themselves, who is faster and who is hardier. It is clear there are little tricks, if someone will overfeed. But guess 1 of 6 - it's interesting. Maybe someone has a link to the broadcast online?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked to go to the dogs in Florida but I believe they outlawed it.

G

Gingin05

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dog racing? Not 4 me..

Can't speak for rest of the world but in Australia the dogs are treated shockingly, electric shocks, under fed & drugs to make them run. Not to mention live rabbits used as bait..

I

ianleel

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
never seen a dog race but maybe some day I will

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't like it at all , I first saw it at a bookmaker shop , live at a tv , I disliked it from the first moment . But I agree with OzExorcist , if we couldn't gamble on it , these races would cease to exist . I mean , I might detest them , but if a trusted person who bets on sports told me that a dog would win for sure (or most probably) a race with very good odds , I would bet , wouldn't I ???

R

redsfan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in ohio,i am about 2hrs away from tri state dog track in charleston wv.I make 3 or 4 trips a year to bet the dogs.There are two tracks racing in wv,tristate and wheeling downs.As of jan 1 2021 all dog tracks in florida will close.Southland dog track in arkansas,will close by the end of 2021.That will leave one track in iowa,and the two in wv.I think that is the only 3 tracks that will be left racing.I enjoy betting them as much as horses.The trifectas,and superfectas pay very well.About all of the betting pools are placed on those type of races,compared to win place and show.There are still a few online wagering sites that will let you bet the dog tracks.I use two of those sites,for horses and dogs.I will hate to see the sport go.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nooooo I love dogs and animals too much for that.

C

Cryptouser1337

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol I saw dog racing once when I was a kid. Interesting to say the least! I prefer watching the olympics, lmao

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in Russia and in our country it is an unpopular sport, but I would love to watch it

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is okay

It's okay for me but I do not understand how you can bet and know who win. Like horse races it is like a lottery for me.

_xgeb_

_xgeb_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
It seems to me a very big nonsense, a dog race. :mad:

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think like some who have posted previously, for me, dogs racing are nothing more than animal exploitation.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been to the dogs on a few occasions. Belle vue stadium in Manchester and Newcastle stadium on a hen do. Decent night out if you are winning

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I live in ohio,i am about 2hrs away from tri state dog track in charleston wv.I make 3 or 4 trips a year to bet the dogs.There are two tracks racing in wv,tristate and wheeling downs.As of jan 1 2021 all dog tracks in florida will close.Southland dog track in arkansas,will close by the end of 2021.That will leave one track in iowa,and the two in wv.I think that is the only 3 tracks that will be left racing.I enjoy betting them as much as horses.The trifectas,and superfectas pay very well.About all of the betting pools are placed on those type of races,compared to win place and show.There are still a few online wagering sites that will let you bet the dog tracks.I use two of those sites,for horses and dogs.I will hate to see the sport go.
I think in uk there must be still 20 dog tracks at least. Nearest to me in northwest England is belle vue. God day/night out

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already bet a few times on these races at the bookmakers, but I confess that I don't know much about it.

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never bet on dog races before. I only know races from movies. I think the basic idea is okay. But when the animals suffer, as described above, I understand that more and more dog sports facilities are being closed.