Who is the best basketball player of all time ? And top 5 players now in the NBA

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to see what you guys think who is the best player of all time and also write your best players on each position.

GOAT : It is a great battle between Jordan, LeBron and Bill Russell. Jordan the player that globalized the NBA all over the world, Lebron the guy that can stuff sheet like nobody he is the walking triple double, great teammate and big basketball IQ but lost couple of finals and Bill the guy with most rings. And between them I choose Jordan based on 6/6/6.

And top team all time:

PG: Magic Johnson

SG: Michael Jordan

SF: LeBron James

PF: Tim Duncan

C: Shaq

Best 5 that are now playing in the NBA:

PG: Kyrie Irving

SG: Kawhi Leonard

SF: Kevin Durant

PF: LeBron James

C: Hassan Whiteside

Write your top fives and GOAT.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Jordan, Bryant, Iverson, / team: Lakers, Bulls and Pistons

T.Duncan is looks like super tight poker player, no show but good results. MJ, KB8, AI is like loose aggressive players never know what they decided to do for making great show!

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iverson GOAT ? Are you on drugs ?

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Am i must be on drugs to think not like you? Its not ur problem when ur horizons is limited, standardized and tailored to the overall opinion. You ask, and get answer!

Can add to my previous post Barkley, Drexler, and like a piece of fun Rodman. Dont be afraid to be different!

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tought you are familiar with the show called First Take. There is a guy called Stephen A Smith that says that when his friend in the studio says something he doesn't agree with.

My intentions were good, I was just kidding. :D

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to see what you guys think who is the best player of all time and also write your best players on each position.

I'm going to answer it based on who I've seen play.

Best player ever: Michael Jordan

Best at each position:

PG: Magic Johnson - The only guy that ever played ALL 5 traditional positions on the court. The best "big" ball handler and passer ever, never mind point guard. The 1980's Showtime Lakers were amazing and fun to watch, along with their rivalry with Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics.

SG: Michael Jordan - His killer instinct on the court was unrivaled, and you couldn't defend him either. What sets him apart though was his defense. He was as good defensively as he was offensively, so perhaps the best all-around player ever.

SF: Lebron James - A physical freak of nature. Was NBA ready when he finished High School and has certainly lived up to the hype and has been to the last 6 straight NBA finals (hard enough just to make it to 1). He led the Cavaliers to their first NBA Championship, though he did have a good supporting cast with him. Not a great free throw shooter though, but is competent enough. He'd probably be a really good Tight End in the NFL.

PF: Tim Duncan - Nothing flashy or fancy about his game, but he was productive for a long long time and was able to enjoy longevity due to his being able to adapt to the game that changed over time. He was a main cog, and a complementary piece in the latter part of his career. An atypical professional athlete in the era of "look at me, I'm on SportsCenter".

C: Shaquille O'Neal - You could not guard him 1 on 1. He simply overpowered you as a defender. Was a dominant force, though the free throw line was definitely his kryptonite. Was a big reason the Orlando Magic made the NBA Finals, and helped the Lakers and Heat win NBA titles as well. He was entertaining on and off the court. Imagine if there was social media in the 1990's, he'd probably be the most followed athlete on the planet. He was also one of the better passing big men of his, or any era.

Honorable mention: Dennis Rodman. Forget all the drama that came with him, the tattoos and earrings notwithstanding, in my opinion, he's probably the smartest player that ever played. He was the best rebounder not because of his phyiscal prowess, as he didn't have the traditional "power forward's body" (he's listed at 6 foot 7, 210 pounds), but because he was so fundamentally sound and could anticipate where the ball was going to go once it was shot. Then, his desire to just simply beat you to that ball was what set him apart. He was a REALLY big part of the championships he won with Detroit and then later with the Jordan Bulls (5 in total). Another underrated part of his game was his passing. He had great court vision. He's one of those rare players who didn't care about scoring, and because of his great ability to do the dirty work, enjoyed a lot of success.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going to answer it based on who I've seen play.

Best player ever: Michael Jordan

Best at each position:

PG: Magic Johnson - The only guy that ever played ALL 5 traditional positions on the court. The best "big" ball handler and passer ever, never mind point guard. The 1980's Showtime Lakers were amazing and fun to watch, along with their rivalry with Larry Bird and the Boston Celtics.

SG: Michael Jordan - His killer instinct on the court was unrivaled, and you couldn't defend him either. What sets him apart though was his defense. He was as good defensively as he was offensively, so perhaps the best all-around player ever.

SF: Lebron James - A physical freak of nature. Was NBA ready when he finished High School and has certainly lived up to the hype and has been to the last 6 straight NBA finals (hard enough just to make it to 1). He led the Cavaliers to their first NBA Championship, though he did have a good supporting cast with him. Not a great free throw shooter though, but is competent enough. He'd probably be a really good Tight End in the NFL.

PF: Tim Duncan - Nothing flashy or fancy about his game, but he was productive for a long long time and was able to enjoy longevity due to his being able to adapt to the game that changed over time. He was a main cog, and a complementary piece in the latter part of his career. An atypical professional athlete in the era of "look at me, I'm on SportsCenter".

C: Shaquille O'Neal - You could not guard him 1 on 1. He simply overpowered you as a defender. Was a dominant force, though the free throw line was definitely his kryptonite. Was a big reason the Orlando Magic made the NBA Finals, and helped the Lakers and Heat win NBA titles as well. He was entertaining on and off the court. Imagine if there was social media in the 1990's, he'd probably be the most followed athlete on the planet. He was also one of the better passing big men of his, or any era.

Honorable mention: Dennis Rodman. Forget all the drama that came with him, the tattoos and earrings notwithstanding, in my opinion, he's probably the smartest player that ever played. He was the best rebounder not because of his phyiscal prowess, as he didn't have the traditional "power forward's body" (he's listed at 6 foot 7, 210 pounds), but because he was so fundamentally sound and could anticipate where the ball was going to go once it was shot. Then, his desire to just simply beat you to that ball was what set him apart. He was a REALLY big part of the championships he won with Detroit and then later with the Jordan Bulls (5 in total). Another underrated part of his game was his passing. He had great court vision. He's one of those rare players who didn't care about scoring, and because of his great ability to do the dirty work, enjoyed a lot of success.

We agreed 100%. Great post from you sir! :cool:

D

demacedo6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GOAT: Micheal Jordan

Top team all time:

C: Wil Chamberlain

PG: Stephen Curry

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Top team all time:

Are u ever seen how Chamberlain play? I watch his game on different short videos and read that he was a realy strong player, legend. Even in movie, as i remember with Arnie or Bruce Lee, it was to long ago.

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Top team all time:

I also had doubts with Wilt and Shaq but I chose Shaq because he dominated the game in 90. and 00. Wilt played in diferent era with different rules.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
unfortunately now I dont watch basketball (I love football, hockey). but Michael Jordan encouraged us to go to the playground to9 play basketball and to imitate him.

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Jordan is the legend !
:bebored:
Now: Kawhi Leonard

S

Spy112233

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

It's you on drugs if you do not put in the top 5 Stephen Curry.And indeed he is the best player at the moment in the NBA.And Michael Jordan is a legend.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best is Michael Jordan,but LeBron James is very close to take him down.Who now maybe in few years.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michael Jordan is the GOAT.
Lebron will never be like Mike.

R

rupa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best player ever- Michael Jordan.
LeBron James
Kawhi Leonard

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they will always be the best

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I watch basketball , but not so much as other sports .
But I need to say that in my childhood it was quite the opposite , I used to like itand all we were talking about Michael , Michael Jordan , the legend who lead the Bulls with Pippen , Rodman ,etc to victories and titles .
Jordan is the greatest basketball player ever :) We wanted to be like him . Shaquille O'Neal is a player I also like .
Now for positions , who are the best players, I leave it to the ones who know more about basketball than me :)

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Michael Jordan, I did not see another like him