Where Will JT Go??

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unlike the NBA, big stars rarely ever go to unrestricted free agency, but right now in the NHL one of the bigger stars is on the verge of being available to any team on the open market.

John Tavares, current captain of the NY Islanders has sat through 6 presentations this week with NHL teams vying for his services. Not unlike the Bachelor, potential suitors are throwing everything at him to win the rose and up to 7 years of his playing time in the prime of his career...at a price.

So now that the 6 presentations are complete, and free agency set to begin Sunday who do you think will land the shark?

Current team the NY Islanders
His hometown Toronto Maple Leafs
The up and coming San Jose Sharks
The always formidable Boston Bruins
The fun in the sun Tampa Bay Lighting
Or the Dallas Stars.

So...what say you?

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well today might be the day!! It's a very Canadian thing to be celebrating on canada's 151 birthday - HOCKEY!

Free agents can officially sign with clubs today and it's anticipated that John Tavares will sign today with someone. The Islanders (his former team) look to be out of the running now - they had until midnight last night to sign an 8 year contract (the only real difference they had over the other teams) so he can only sign a 7 year deal now, meaning NY is most likely out.

So - where will JT go in your opinion?

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
With all the hype, I'm interested to see which proposal John Travares will take. He will make a great addition to any team, I would think.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
7 year $77 million - John Taveres signs with the Maple Leafs. Nice little pay day for a 27 year old.

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as you can see by my logo, i was very sad, and while its up to him to where he wants to go and a misplay on islanders mangement not to re-sign him earlier or trade him, im more put off about how he left. Knowing full well probably during the the season, he told Snow(isles GM) not to trade him. now we lost him for nothing.

thanks for the memories but peace out, we only want players who want to be here