When Are NFL Players Going to Start Wearing Dresses?

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They may as well start signing women to NFL teams the way they are sisafying the game. I may be a little older but I remember when real men played the game!!!! I don't even enjoy watching sissies play professional football. Are they going to want their mommy on the sidelines next?:D:D

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit, I pre-judged this thread based on the subject line alone.

You lived down to those low expectations and then some. Congratulations, I guess?

At risk of engaging with a misogynist though, what are you even talking about? NFL players still sustain gnarly injuries on a regular basis. Seasons, even careers, can still be ended on any given play.

Yes they've toughened up the rules around things like roughing the passer, but if that's the kind of "sissification" you're talking about then I'd take that every day of the week and three times on Sundays. Because the alternative is even more players getting hurt, and even more putrid games with the likes of Sanchez or Kizer or McCown at QB...

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to admit, I pre-judged this thread based on the subject line alone.

You lived down to those low expectations and then some. Congratulations, I guess?

At risk of engaging with a misogynist though, what are you even talking about? NFL players still sustain gnarly injuries on a regular basis. Seasons, even careers, can still be ended on any given play.

Yes they've toughened up the rules around things like roughing the passer, but if that's the kind of "sissification" you're talking about then I'd take that every day of the week and three times on Sundays. Because the alternative is even more players getting hurt, and even more putrid games with the likes of Sanchez or Kizer or McCown at QB...
The Dallas vs Philly sparked this thread. Dallas(who I don't even like) sacked the Philly qb by wrapping up his legs with his arms very cleanly in mho and was called for ruoghing the passer. They get paid the big bucks to take the abuse. I would have sacraficed my body hundreds of times over for what they get paid. It was just a clean sack that made me sick with the call!:D:D

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They get paid the big bucks to take the abuse.

Interesting perspective. I think you'll find they actually get paid the "big bucks" to win games, entertain us and sell sneakers. Which one of those things does "taking the abuse" help with?

Interesting you bring up Carson Wentz as the example too - he's not expected to play this week, likely because of the "abuse" he took in that Cowboys game. You'd be pretty happy about that I'm guessing?

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want a fun fast paced competitive game but not at the risk of people's lives. I for one am in favor of this shift to player safety

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure all your insurance is paid and in effect, Then go ask one, pick a big one.
Most of the young men can’t get out of bed on Monday morning, dresses jut don’t cover that

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most if not all of them barely get out of bed on Monday morning from the beating they take. I think sissies doesn’t describe these young men correctly, but that’s just me. Pat

G

GameTooHard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game used to also be played by way smaller players who had trash diets and work-out regiments.

The amount of head injuries players sustain in football is going to kill it at the end of the day.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Real men still play the game - your point is not valid.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah he is talking nonsense. Very very tough game. Lots of injuries and bad concusions. Players are bigger every year, hits are stronger and more danger.
They should control steriods. Players should be playing clean, will be better to everyone. Mostly the image of the sport.