What period of time do you like in football ?

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you have passion in football ? i love watching football when period of Micheal Owen ,Alan Shierer , Ronaldo , roberto carlos , rivaldo , Batistuta , mostly the atmosphere in that period , is that interesting , Champion leage is very exited . In nowadays i feel that messi and christiano ronaldo is best players , football is really great .

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say the early 1990s, before Sky (in UK) and the expanded Chamions League (rest of Europe) changed everything.
There was just a nice balance of everything. The ban had not long been lifted, Stadiums were being made safer while still retaining their atmosphere, history, community links etc. Players, while well paid, weren't untouchable and working people could still relate to them. There was a nice mix of home grown talent and imports who brought more flair and class to the game.
As for the rest of Europe, all 3 UEFA Competitions were well respected and highly competitive. And in England we could enjoy watching Serie A footage on terrestrial TV. Speaking of TV coverage, that was the best part - there was enough football on TV without reaching saturation levels that it's reached now.

A

aviatorsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The period between 1996-2006, my favourite all time!! Ronaldo Gaucho, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho just magic!

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite time in football is the beginning of 2000-2012: Pouel, Shevchenko, Kaka, Oliver Kahn, Ronaldinier and many others ...

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for everyone, whatever time period they grew up watching football in would be the one they consider the best.
That said I first started going to games and watching it a lot more in the late 90s but I still prefer the early 90s period!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why halftime of coarse gatta watch the commercials

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The period between 1998-2010.. 1998 was the first WORLD CUP that I saw on TV and also the last participation for my national team at a WORLD CUP tournament. :( Very nice memories, we beat Columbia and ENGLAND and made a draw against Tunissia to qualify in the elimination rounds.

Z

zeist2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the 90s. Great players in that decade.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The period between 1998-2010.. 1998 was the first WORLD CUP that I saw on TV and also the last participation for my national team at a WORLD CUP tournament. :( Very nice memories, we beat Columbia and ENGLAND and made a draw against Tunissia to qualify in the elimination rounds.

I remember Romania beating England in the group stage - Kevin Keegan was co-commentating, and after Michael Owen made it 1-1, he famously said "if anyone's going to win this now it's going to be England". Oops!

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started watching football at the age of 13, and now I'm 40. I have always loved football and in anticipation of the euro:):):)

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Every period has its heroes. My favorite player to watch was Ronaldinho Gaucho, so his era is the one I like best. For now.