what martial art do you think is the strongest and why?

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. In my opinion, I believe that the most powerful martial art is Muay Thai.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Mixed Martial Arts of course.

The whole idea with MMA is to be a complete fighter and take the best from both striking and grappling. Keep the things that work and ignore the "fancy" things that does not.

Outside the ring you can maybe also throw in some Krav Maga for being practical in everyday street fighting for people that are not expert fighters already.

If you only have to pick one separate discipline I would agree that Muay Thai is very good for striking when standing up.

For grappling Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or some form of Submission Wrestling.

But you must combine a least one form of striking with one form of grappling.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Kung Fu is practiced more as a religion in discipline. I do not believe it is used in competition much only choreographed displays. Originally it was self defense only, never the aggressor. In Gung Fu you are taught not to just block a punch but to break the arm. The thinking was, if you only block it can be used again. Whereas if you break or disable it you have lessened the threat.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bokator.
Very ancient Asian martial art, originated in the Khmer Empire about 1700 years ago. The term “locator” means “beating of a lion”. This is one legend according to which, the student who fully mastered this art, once found himself face to face with a wild lion and was able to defeat him with just one incredibly powerful and concentrated blow. The bocator style was almost lost in the 1970s, when Pol Pot staged a bloody genocide of ethnic minorities. All masters of any martial arts then were destroyed purposefully. In our days there are no more than a dozen great experts on bocator, whose efforts it is revived again.
Technically, bocator is very similar to Thai Boxing. So much so that some even claim that Muay Thai itself was based on bocator. Vrochem, this is not surprising, since all of Thailand, as well as most of Southeast Asia at the time were part of the Khmer Empire. Like many other martial arts, bocator is based on the imitation of various animals. However, what really sets it apart from the rest is its cruelty and great diversity. More than ten thousand various receptions and blows, do bokator one of the most difficult martial arts in the world.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Krav Maga is one of the most realistic arts for fighting on the street if you really want to hurt someone or end a fight quickly. It is used by the Israeli Mossad and it is very brutal ! Also I would agree with Thai Boxing it is the most complete stand up art.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wu-Shu kung fu :icon_thum :bike: :evil:
A true master can/will defeat all/most "styles"/martial arts

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My daughter has a brown belt in Thai boxing, but to protect the outside, wushu sanda- better

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know which martial art is the strongest but I like watching Muay Thai and Kung Fu. I watch a lot of UFC and what I'm seeing is a lot of good athletes but very few naturally gifted fighters if that makes sense! :icon_blac:icon_pira

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The martial arts I know are MMA, Taekwondo, Judo, and Kung fu.

I think Kung Fu is the strongest because it requires instincts, anticipation, patience, and endurance. Its mostly self defence so its defending attacks and countering those attacks.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard styles are mainly Krav - Maga, Muay Thai and martial Aikido. In many martial arts there are forbidden strikes. These are the points on the human body that are mentioned in acupuncture and therefore any perfect single combat is a terrible weapon.

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's kung-fu and aikido
These martual arts combine development in different spheres

S

SMOKIN_ACES

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mauy thai since you can punch, kick, elbow and knee. To many ways to hurt your opponent.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I know MMA is the strongest. Tho I never watch MMA cos its brutality.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Taekwondo has the most powerful kick so...

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best martial art

In my opinion wrestling is the best. Seems to me most of the wrestling based fighters always do good.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In ancient times, Japanese ninjas were the strongest in combat.