What do you think about NFL Games with no fans in the stands?

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think about NFL Games with no fans in the stands? Do you think the game will be different?

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An excellent question. As far as the strategy of the game goes, it's likely to change somewhat, because a team is looking to attack another team's weaknesses, so the actual X's and O's is impacted very little. Where the change is likely to be is the mental part of the game, not having fans in the stands, the lack of crowd noise. These athletes have NEVER played in empty stadiums as long as they've ever played the game, so it has to impact them in some way I would imagine.

It's definitely unprecedented, so I'm sure you're going to see varying opinions on this, and who knows how the game will be when it starts back up again.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely go to the games so I would love to have sports back with or without fans. Same for the NBA. It will feel weird at first but then you would hear players more and it might be pretty interesting. Not having sports is the worst.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m all for having games with no fans, I miss sport. Sure it will be different without crowd noise but it’s good to have sports back regardless

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they should have artificial crowd noise. Watched the UFC with no one in the seats, just wasn't the same !

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just think it's going to be boring, all sports will be boring. I would love to see sports go back but the players seeing the fans is a huge thing for them and not seeing them well I don't think they will be able to do it.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can’t imagine NFL games without fans in the stadiums. Going to be shocking to me if it actually takes place. We are living a new normal but the dollar will always be the bottom line and no asses in seats means no financial gain. Granted there will be televised games so all will not be lost. I certainly would appreciate no fans in the seats well above a canceled or possibly postponed season.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without fans, the game of athletes will be slower, more passive. After all, when you feel the support of people, then it inspires you, strength is added, adrenaline rises

steved757

steved757

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just feel like it would be super weird. Football is one of the main sports that crowd noise plays a big impact in the game good or bad. It can change the momentum for the winning or losing team. For there to be complete outside silence and all you hear is the players moving up and down the field would just feel weird and not the same!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any athlete will tell you that once the game starts,the crowd falls into the background and you don't even hear them,,,,:)

Top 10 Games