Vegas Knights lose in Game 7 not without controversy

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Las Vegas poker community was on tilt Tuesday night following the Golden Knights’ stunning overtime defeat to the San Jose Sharks in the decisive Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs first round. Daniel Negreanu and others blamed the refs for making a questionable call during regulation. Do they have a legitimate grievance?

Las Vegas Poker Players Fuming Over Golden Knights Game 7 Loss

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was it an iffy call? 100% . IMO when it comes to refs and terrible calls , I can blame them for giving the opposing team a slight advantage but I can never blame them for them actually costing the entire game on 1 Terribly bad call. It should always be that losing team should have done more to win not just hold faith that THAT call alone cost them a victory.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think they trusted for winning and San Jose Sharks squeezed at the end of the game to take the victory, although the referees were doubtful I do not think they are to blame for the defeat of Vegas

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really unfortunate to big up such a huge game changing penalty like that late in the game when you pretty much have the game won at that point. Nothing the refs could really do though with that much blood coming out though.

Jammen

Jammen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the refs overreacted to the severity of the injury rather than the penalty itself. He got pushed but then got hit while he was of balance which made him fall awkwardly and injury himself. seeing the blood the shark players overreacted which caused the ref to react poorly. This all being said Vegas didn't have to give up 4 goals in 4 minutes. They didn't respond well to the bad call.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The penalty wasn't given for the crosschecking action but the result of the player falling and hitting his head on the ice. It should have been a two minute penalty, maybe four. With a four minute penalty, which is a two and two penalty, San Jose could only have scored two goals.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its sports bad calls are made cant do anything about it

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was a bad call, but I guess calls all season sometimes are bad. I see so many bad calls they aren't perfect but a part of sports. To bad before making calls like that one they go to review them on cameras before making certain calls.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The GM, George McPhee, says the NHL apologized to him for that call. If that doesn't tell you that they know it was a bad call, then nothing will! It's too bad a Game 7 essentially got flipped by 1 bad call.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was the only call the refs could make. There was a crosscheck,then there was blood and the player was knocked out. So they called a 5 minute penalty which I believe was legit.Then it was just the fact that San Jose power play was better than Las Vegas penalty kill.Game over!!! All fair in my opinion.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most civilized countries nowadays 'disrespect for referee' is a big nono and people get shamed and even taken to court (and usually get sentenced to do community service).

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas Top 10 Games