VAR in football

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think VAR is needed for football or not?

K

koXhunter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yess var is needed at football because sometimes referres make big mistakes specialy iif it is a big tournament like world cup.So yes VAR is a good thing

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good or not, VAR changed the sport forever.

And they won't stop using it.

my 2 cents: is a good thing.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VAR is needed in football 100%. But you still need to refine it.

taurusix

taurusix

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also think that the use of VAR in football is essential. Imagine, being the biggest sport in the world and not using any modern technologies used in so many other sports. It makes the game fairer and rules out poor decisions used to be made by refs.

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VAR would be good for most sports

It seems like a HORRIBLE waste of time, but VAR is very much needed these days...especially with the HIGH END athletes we have these days in sports. There are so many plays that aren't seen from certain "angles", and it takes a trained eye to even see those plays at "normal speeds", BUT VAR allows reviews of plays from different angles and can help make games more fair in the long run. It's a good thing!

nesser

nesser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think VAR is necessary, but it should be more transparent. It cannot continue to be used anymore to benefit the biggest clubs.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
VAR makes games last longer and referees make mistakes even with VAR (at least in Ukrainian football premier league this summer). But overall it's more helpful than harmful thing in my opinion.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Dump it. Some great goals are disallowed by being microscopically offside.

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello I am Argentine and we were born playing soccer, I think that soccer technology should only be used to know if the ball entered or not, the rest takes away dynamics!:icon_joke

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi i am from argentina and i believe that var should not be implemented in football because i think it takes out the spark of the referee making mistakes

B

BIGshark91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Var is really bad. The referees hava a var but he make a lot of mistakes with this tehchnology

B

barags

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its needed but to a limit, sometimes its ruining the charm of football.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
var

definetly needed even though you still see some favoritism for the big teams it was greatly reduced

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think it's a necessary thing. Referee is a human been, so he can get this wrong. That's normal. If we wanted all right calls we were going to see FIFA or PES games.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Of course ,VAR is needed.Nowadays,games are much fairer than before.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is needed, but only in ways when there is a big mistake from the main referee,which is affecting the game, but not for reviewing if there was an offside with 0.0001 mm or to review a situation after 2 minutes from happening and in that time the other team scored a goal, but the people in the VAR room told the referee to see again the situation before the goal and then to cancel the goal of the other team and whistled other thing. That kills the game. That kills the emotion of the most popular game in the world. The VAR system should be used only for penalties, real offsides or possible red card.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At first, I thought would be a good thing. But now, I can't stand anymore. It's so annoying, all the time they stop the match. And now it's even easier to help the big teams using VAR.

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion VAR is somewhat great that it's used in football. I just notice that some of the commentating kind of disagree with regards to handball rewarding penalties. The harshest one was a striker getting tackled in the penalty area and he went down putting has hands out to stop him from falling hard to the ground and the ball accidentally touches his arm rewarding free kick against him when it should of been a penalty.

So I guess VAR is great but also can be horrible.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The best thing lately in football.

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, the VAR, despite still having problems, came to correct scandalous arbitration errors. Especially in intermediate leagues where arbitration is amateur and incompetent.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think they should go to a challenge system. Too much time looking at VAR and calls are being made by the VAR ref that make no sense. Need to have VAR because sometimes refs make big mistakes, but current system is not working.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
In my opinion VAR is somewhat great that it's used in football. I just notice that some of the commentating kind of disagree with regards to handball rewarding penalties. The harshest one was a striker getting tackled in the penalty area and he went down putting has hands out to stop him from falling hard to the ground and the ball accidentally touches his arm rewarding free kick against him when it should of been a penalty.

I'd imagine defenders are in much worse situation in that case cause should ball hit their hand (even if arm is next to body and NOT wide open) then it probably will be automatic penalty lol ... I believe in current CL season (when it started last summer with qualifiers) there were couple decisions based on exactly that -.-