US Open. Do you think Thiem would have won with Federer and Nadal in the tournament?

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Thiem is a great player, but Nadal and Roger should have been there for his triumph to be categorical ... It's my opinion.:cool::cool:

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
French Open starts on monday ... Guess there Thiem may have chance to play against Nadal if he's lucky enough (so we'd see can he win something if these mentioned players also participate) ... Should this happen he probably lose haha

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think Thiem is a great player, but Nadal and Roger should have been there for his triumph to be categorical ... It's my opinion.:cool::cool:

For sure he would have a chance if Roger and Rafa would have played at US open. Thiem showed in January against Djokovic in the Australian Open final that he is the only player outside Big 3 that can beat Djokovic. The Austrian beat Rafa in January without any issues despite the fact he lost a set against Rafa in the QF. I think on hard Thiem has advantage against Rafa in the current form. Federer - nobody knows what is going on with him. In his last tournament in Australia (AO) he was very unconvincing - some thrillers in 5 sets with players like Sandgren and Millman and then inglorious performance against Djokovic in the SF. In conclusion, I think that Roger and Rafa at the moment can not be a factor to the performance of Dominic Thiem and on hard surface Thiem will have more chances against them if they have played at US open

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it would be much more difficult for him. Also Novak self-destructed.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afteroon.Thiem is in great shape but I think with Nadal and Federer in the tournament,and Djokovic not making that egregious mistake,he wouldn´t have won the US Open.It was an amazing performance against Zverev,but against Nadal that had never happened.

X

xmaster_br

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This USopen was really a tournament out of the curve, with Bruno Soares again champion in the doubles after dealing with a personal drama and contracting greed; Naomi Osaka raising the trophy in an exciting final with Victoria Azarenka; and Dominic Thiem defeating Alexander Zverev in the fifth tiebreaker set to win his first Grand Slam title. There was no lack of drama in the second week of the US Open 2020 ... In addition to all the pace of Djokovic. But all the merits of the champions, I don't think Nadal and Federer can take that title.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Nadal and Federer he had a chance, with Djokovic he had no chance.