Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Which players do you think play very well and don't have due recognition from fans and media professionals?

I start with a name: Karim Benzema.

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which players do you think play very well and don't have due recognition from fans and media professionals?

I start with a name: Karim Benzema.

I think that Benzema is the only coulpable for the problems in his career, like the scandal with Valbuena, that windraw him from france squad. When you sign with a team like Real Madrid depends only on you, to play well, and you will have the fans and media recognition. Now even he is almost at the end of his career his is on a good run. I hope he will continue playing good this season becouse i want Real Madrid to win La Liga :D.

Last edited:
georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion defenders and deffensive midfielders don't get the recognition that they deserve. That why Van Dijk haven't win the Golden Ball.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that Benzema is the only coulpable for the problems in his career, like the scandal with Valbuena, that windraw him from France squad. When you sign with a team like Real Madrid depends only on you, to play well, and you will have the fans and media recognition. Now even he is almost at the end of his career his is on a good run. I hope he will continue playing good this season becouse i want Real Madrid to win La Liga :D.
I agree that Benzema has already done some stupid things, but it is a fact that the press and fans overvalue some players and underestimate others.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Aguero plays a lot of ball and is not as famous as the others who are only media, Paulo Henrique goose is also another beast who plays very well in the middle of the field and who did not make as much fame as his partner Santos Neymar ,. ixe has several!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Another example of an underrated player: Ivan Rakitić.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh... just to name guys from brazil:

Heleno de Freitas never played in a World Cup but he was a top player in the 40s. Almir Pernambuquinho won the World Title for Santos in 1963 against Milan, when Pelé couldn't play because he was injured. Canário played in Real Madrid in the 60s. Julinho Botelho still the biggest idol of Fiorentina, Batistuta is nº 2 for real fans. Evaristo de Macedo was a great player and played for Barcelona and Real Madrid, most of people know him as a trainer only.

Ademir de Menezes was a great scorer and people don't remember him because of World Cup Final in 1950 when Uruguay beat Brazil in Maracanã. Scored 500 goals in his career. People never remember Claudiao Adão, the guy scored almost 600 times. Luisinho Lemos, a fantastic player and personality, never played for Brazil National Team in a serious way because he had "long hair".

I mean... lots of underrated guys. Marcelinho Carioca (Corinthians, Valencia), Alex (Palmeiras, Fenerbahçe, Cruzeiro), Evair (Palmeiras, Vasco) never played a world cup.

In the recent history I would say Edmundo. If the guys had balls to replace Ronaldinho in the final against France in 1998... Brazil would be 6 time world champion, probably. Anyway... lots of great, great players.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this thread seems to be for modern day players. From my time watching the game I'd say Peter Beardsley - modern day I'd have to agree with Aguero.
Because he doesn't play for one of Sky's darling clubs, he gets largely ignored by the media. And even at his own club, a lot of City fans would site David Silva as their favourite player of this era.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the most underrated player football player is karim benzema he scores everytime and has score important goals like the first goal in the champions league final against liverpool.However,people still underestimate him

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is difficult for me to name the names of underrated players. because now there is a lot of information in the media and any player who has played a good match is paying attention.
perhaps in the English league, which is very rich, even for small clubs, there are many players who do not play in the Champions League or even the Europa League, but who correspond to a high level. for example, I used to wonder why a player like Tadic plays for a modest Southampton. but then he moved to Ajax and drew attention to himself in the Champions League.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that the most underrated player football player is karim benzema he scores everytime and has score important goals like the first goal in the champions league final against liverpool.However,people still underestimate him
Did you see the wonderful Benzema's assist yesterday for Casemiro's goal against Espanyol? :cool:

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in a way this is a hard question to answer, especially in a global chat, because, by the very nature of being underrated, the player wont get much attention or coverage, and therefore, unless he plays for your club or in your league, you wont know about him

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have a name: Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Nobody believes he is a god.