UFC Fight Pass

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone here get UFC Fight Pass? It's an online site where you get to watch live events, past seasons of The Ultimate Fighter, and a crazy amount of fights from the past, among things. This weekend, they have a fight card with Anderson Silva vs Michael Bisping as the Main Event. I'm thinking about getting a monthly subscription. Is it worth it?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends 100% on what you want it for.

If you want it for the archive of past fights it's fantastic - I use it a lot when, for example, I'm thinking of having a bet on an upcoming fight and I want to rewatch some of the fighter's previous matches. Or to catch up on something I missed a while back (PPV events are generally added to the free content about a month after they happen). Much easier and more reliable than trying to find them on YouTube or elsewhere... though the search functionality does leave a little to be desired.

If you want it for the exclusive live content though... meh. Yeah we get a reasonably high profile fight exclusive in Silva-Bisping this weekend. But there aren't that many entire cards that are Fight Pass exclusive. And the ones that are usually are the ones that either weren't good enough to go on regular TV, or are international events that would have been on at some crazy hour of the morning US time.

The other live exclusive stuff you get access to is the Fight Pass prelims on regular cards. Unless you're a super-hardcore fan though (in which case you'd probably already have it) you likely won't recognise most of the fighters that appear on them. And if anything of note happens in them (Sage Northcutt's debut, for example) they'll be so scared someone missed it that they'll replay it in the regular broadcasts anyway.