UFC 178

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This Saturday (September 27th), is UFC 178.

Pretty exciting card!

I'm looking forward most to the Cerrone & Alvarez fight. If that fight goes to the ground, I'll be disappointed. It has the chance to be an epic stand-up fight.

Also, the return of former Bantamweight champ Dominic Cruz makes his return. Looking forward to seeing what he has after the injuries he faced.

I'll be watching on PPV! Can't wait!

UFC 178 (wiki.com)

UFC 178 (ufc.com)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
also really looking towards the alvarez fight should be a good card to watch

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also really looking towards the alvarez fight should be a good card to watch

Yup, I'm stoked to see Alvarez inside the octagon, should make an excellent addition to the LW roster. They should'va signed Chandler too. Alvarez got a tendency to get tagged and hurt a lot, especially early in his fights, but if he can find his rhythm I'm favouring his crisp boxing over Cerrone's weak head movement. It's a real solid card besides the weak main event.

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Saturday (September 27th), is UFC 178.

Pretty exciting card!

I'm looking forward most to the Cerrone & Alvarez fight. If that fight goes to the ground, I'll be disappointed. It has the chance to be an epic stand-up fight.

Also, the return of former Bantamweight champ Dominic Cruz makes his return. Looking forward to seeing what he has after the injuries he faced.

I'll be watching on PPV! Can't wait!

UFC 178 (wiki.com)

UFC 178 (ufc.com)

With Krause - Masvidal, Cote-Thompson and Poirier-McGregor on the card too there's bound to be some solid stand-up action. Curious to see what version of Yoel Romero shows up. He'll be a legit treat is he starts putting his shit together and upped his out-put. Wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy grinds him to a UD. Doomsday - Ebersole is the only one looking like a potential snoozer with loads of clinching against the cage and positional wrestling, other than that it looks like an awesome card.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yup, I'm stoked to see Alvarez inside the octagon, should make an excellent addition to the LW roster. They should've signed Chandler too. Alvarez got a tendency to get tagged and hurt a lot, especially early in his fights, but if he can find his rhythm I'm favouring his crisp boxing over Cerrone's weak head movement. It's a real solid card besides the weak main event.

Yes, that would've been a great move by the UFC. He's actually from the state that I reside in. I haven't followed him much but from what I've seen, he's done enough (IMO) to get accepted to their establishment. Michael Chandler

I'm about to be watching the prelim fights. Always some great fights in those. Some of which I think could make it to the Main Card.

A few hours away until the Main Card fights start!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With Krause - Masvidal, Cote-Thompson and Poirier-McGregor on the card too there's bound to be some solid stand-up action. Curious to see what version of Yoel Romero shows up. He'll be a legit treat is he starts putting his shit together and upped his out-put. Wouldn't be surprised if Kennedy grinds him to a UD. Doomsday - Ebersole is the only one looking like a potential snoozer with loads of clinching against the cage and positional wrestling, other than that it looks like an awesome card.

Same here. He's a beast when he wants to be. He has furious KO power & I'd like to see it more. Sometimes it seems he just gives up out there &/or gets too fatigued. Having a lot of muscle mass can do that even to the greatest of athletes.

S

srissofredi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, that would've been a great move by the UFC. He's actually from the state that I reside in. I haven't followed him much but from what I've seen, he's done enough (IMO) to get accepted to their establishment. Michael Chandler

I'm about to be watching the prelim fights. Always some great fights in those. Some of which I think could make it to the Main Card.

A few hours away until the Main Card fights start!

I used to be somewhat against the UFC draining all the talent, but let's face it, there's really only one promotion with a talent pool deep enough make really interesting matchups. Especially when you got UFC rejects like Tito, Rampage and Joey Beltran beating up top talent in wsop and Bellator. But I do miss WEC and Strikeforce.

And yes, the prelims are often better than the main card. Can't believe they put Cruz on the prelims.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be somewhat against the UFC draining all the talent, but let's face it, there's really only one promotion with a talent pool deep enough make really interesting matchups. Especially when you got UFC rejects like Tito, Rampage and Joey Beltran beating up top talent in WSOP and Bellator. But I do miss WEC and Strikeforce.

And yes, the prelims are often better than the main card. Can't believe they put Cruz on the prelims.

I miss the WEC a LOT! They used to air soooo many of those that I was more excited to watch them than the UFC aired stuff. The announcers weren't half bad either.

& yes, Cruz (being it's his return) should've been on the Main Card

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Uber stoked to see Cruz get a win like he did! ...

Cowboy vs. Alvarez was exactly the fight I wanted! ...

McGregor is a BEAST & backed up all the hype! ...

Romero actually showed up! ...

Cat Zingano is HOTT! ...

& mighty mouse showed his pound-for-pound dominance!

4 of the 5 main card fights ended in a submission &/or KO/TKO. It was a badass night of fights & I can't wait til the nxt one!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Main Event: Demetrious Johnson aka "Mighty Mouse" def. Chris Cariaso via SUB in Round 2

Co-Main Event: Donald Cerrone aka "Cowboy" def. Eddie Alvarez via DEC after 3 rounds of stand-up.

Conor McGregor aka "The Notorious" def. Dustin Poirier via KO/TKO in Round 1

Yoel Romero aka "Soldier of GOD" def. Tim Kennedy via KO/TKO in Round 3

Cat Zingano aka "Alpha" def. Amanda Nunes via KO/TKO in Round 3

Dominic Cruz aka "The Dominator" def. Takeya Mizugaki via KO/TKO in Round 1

There were 5 more fights in the "prelims". Here is the full list >>> UFC 178 Results

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As part of the 178 wash up, Dana White has been loudly proclaiming that Conor McGregor is "bigger than any of the fighters we've ever had":

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nor-mcgregor-bigger-than-gsp-and-brock-lesnar

He's apparently bigger than GSP, bigger than Brock... of course we're used to Dana running his mouth like this now but I found it interesting that he's very deliberately not mentioning Ronda Rousey, who he was saying this exact same stuff about a few months ago, and will no doubt be saying the exact same things about again when she's due to fight next.

What's even more interesting though is that none of the media seem to be calling him out on it. Go figure? :p

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As part of the 178 wash up, Dana White has been loudly proclaiming that Conor McGregor is "bigger than any of the fighters we've ever had":

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nor-mcgregor-bigger-than-gsp-and-brock-lesnar

He's apparently bigger than GSP, bigger than Brock... of course we're used to Dana running his mouth like this now but I found it interesting that he's very deliberately not mentioning Ronda Rousey, who he was saying this exact same stuff about a few months ago, and will no doubt be saying the exact same things about again when she's due to fight next.

What's even more interesting though is that none of the media seem to be calling him out on it. Go figure? :p

Yea, I actually heard them saying stuff about it during the post-fight discussions. I was like..."wow, that's interesting, Dana. You have been saying that about Rousey forever it seems now". McGregor is no joke though so I'll agree w/ Dana. He was right about Rousey as well, so we'll see what happens.

Here is an EPIC interview w/ Conor McGregor >>> The So Dope So Hype MMA interview

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UFC 178 Dominick Cruz VS Takeya Mizugaki.I see this 1 min fight Dominick cruz look good?Look for is next fight. ?Nate Thompson look realy strong?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UFC 178 Dominick Cruz VS Takeya Mizugaki.I see this 1 min fight Dominick cruz look good?Look for is next fight. ?Nate Thompson look realy strong?

Honestly, I'll be shocked if they don't just skip him straight into a title fight with TJ Dillashaw.

He's the champ who never actually lost his belt in the ring, and the only question there really was about his comeback is whether he'd still have the skills after such a long layoff. It seems he does.