TUF 20 (The Ultimate Fighter) - Season 20 (All Female Cast)

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait for this! An all female cast for the 1st ever UFC women's strawweight championship is going down in 2 weeks!

http://www.ufc.com/news/tuf-20-cast-reveal

http://www.ufc.com/tuf/

"Las Vegas, Nev. – For the first time in history, the new season of The Ultimate Fighter® will feature an all-female cast and will have a UFC® championship title on the line. The storied reality series will feature a women’s 115-pound tournament to determine the first ever UFC® women’s strawweight champion.

The top 115-pound females on the planet will compete over the course of the season for the honor of being the promotion’s second female champion, alongside bantamweight (135 pounds) champion Ronda Rousey. Amongst the cast are two former Invicta FC champions, a former International Kickboxing Federation women’s bantamweight, a United States kickboxing champion, an astrophysicist and a former professional ice hockey player.

In line with previous seasons, the women will be divided into two teams, coached by Pettis and Melendez respectively. The series will follow the teams as they live and train together in preparation for their fights. The culmination of the season will see the two semifinalists meet at The Ultimate Fighter Finale in late 2014, where the inaugural champion will be crowned.

The list of competitors includes fighters hailing from Australia, Canada, Ireland, Scotland, United States and Tasmania. The competitors are listed in alphabetical order (Name, Professional MMA record, Age, Hometown):

Joanne Calderwood (8-0), 27, Glasgow, Scotland Alex Chambers (4-1), 35, Sydney, Australia
Heather Jo Clark (6-4), 34, Los Angeles, Calif. Aisling Daly (14-3), 26, Dublin, Ireland
Lisa Ellis (15-8), 31, Olympia, Wash. Carla Esparza (9-2), 26, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Felice Herrig (9-5), 29, Crystal Lake, Ill. Angela Hill (1-0), 29, Brooklyn, N.Y.
Emily Kagan (3-1), 32, Bangor, Maine Justine Kish (4-0), 26, Cramerton, N.C.
Angela Magana (11-6), 30, Farmington, N.M. Randa Markos (4-1), 28, Windsor, Canada
Rose Namajunas (2-1), 22, Milwaukee, Wis. Jessica Penne (11-2), 31, Huntington Beach, Calif.
Bec Rawlings (5-3), 25, Launceston, Tasmania Tecia Torres (4-0), 24, Fall River, Mass."

The Ultimate Fighter®: A Champion Will Be Crowned kicks off with a two-hour premiere Wednesday, September 10, at 10 p.m. ET on FOX SPORTS 1

I'm hoping this female wins! Her name is Tecia Torres. She's a BEAST!

Tecia-bio-pic.jpg

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMFG... *facepalm*

Tasmania isn't a country. It's a state. In Australia.

Interested to see how this plays out (prob won't see the actual show, as I don't think it's aired here) and glad to see them adding another WMMA division. Really not a fan of how the show has extended Anthony Pettis's inactive run though. The entire lightweight division is just treading water waiting around for him to actually put the belt on the line...

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OMFG... *facepalm*

Tasmania isn't a country. It's a state. In Australia.

Interested to see how this plays out (prob won't see the actual show, as I don't think it's aired here) and glad to see them adding another WMMA division. Really not a fan of how the show has extended Anthony Pettis's inactive run though. The entire lightweight division is just treading water waiting around for him to actually put the belt on the line...

HaHa

Email the UFC about that. That is their info & I'm sure they just copied it straight from the contestants resume/contract.

& yes, they are def waiting for Pettis to return. The thing is though is that the division (the Lightweight) is so deep that they could go on forever battling for a #1, #2, #3 etc. contender spot & waiting to face him. It is exciting to see them come & go IMO

1 more week until this starts...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would be a hell of a lot more exciting if they could start actually fighting for something, like a title shot, though. They've put themselves in a position where they can't even have a #1 contender's fight because there's still too much that can happen between now and when Pettis-Melendez eventually get around to fighting.

Having the lightweight belt in play would've been a perfect option to rescue some of their recent train-wreck PPVs too.

I guess if there's a silver lining, it's that it gives Nurmagomedov time to get healthy then come back, crush everyone and take the belt.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well my pick to win the season (Tecia Torres) is already out on the 1st fight of the season. UGH!

I have a couple more faves that I'd like to see win it all so I hope 1 of them takes it. It was a great idea to create a 2nd female weight class. I wonder when & what the nxt one will be?

Having the lightweight belt in play would've been a perfect option to rescue some of their recent train-wreck PPVs too.

Yea def!

You'd think someone would've thought of that :confused:

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tonight's episode will be very informative on how the rest of the season will go. I can't wait to see what the big "ordeal" is.

I would pretty much already know if I chose to watch previews. I'm glad you can fast forward through commercials & shyt like that.

I can't wait for the battle :fight:

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It was nice to see Carla Esparza get that win last week. Even though she hadn't fought in the ring in over a year+, she looked amazing.

Her opponent wasn't experienced @ all though. Angela Hill whom only had 1 professional fight to her name, couldn't guard against Esparza's chokes in the long run.

I can't wait til the semi final fights! These chics can bring it!

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome fight last night between Felice Herrig & Heather Clark! Glad to see Felice get the victory

& ummmm ... Felice is soooo ripped & soooo fkn hott geeeeez...

&...my girl Tecia Torres is back in it! So dope!

d1948efe032b304cf3552a0914026efb.png

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
TBH I don't like this season... The fights aren't that good and the bickering is intolerable... They are fighting to be a UFC Champion and all they do is bicker and talk behind each others backs...

Then when they finally get the chance to fight and let it all out they don't perform