tip for horse racing

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of I have no idea if this tip will win..... my dad told me to put a tenner on definitely red in the 3:30 at Cheltenham tomorrow his odds are 12/1 so e/w if you like a punt on the horses

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Good luck. I shall watch with interest from the down under.

I was at Cheltenham for the Gold Cup in 1971. The winner (I can't remember it's name) won back to back cups. I think it was something like "Escargot".

My Cardschat and all my on-line poker usernames are racehorses that have raced in new zealand.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first of I have no idea if this tip will win..... my dad told me to put a tenner on definitely red in the 3:30 at Cheltenham tomorrow his odds are 12/1 so e/w if you like a punt on the horses

The horse's name is Definitly Red, you had it misspelled. It's the 4th race, He is the #4. Morning line is 10-1 on the brisnet form. Good luck with the 9 yo gelding, he won his last 2 by a combined 15 lengths. :)

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

6th. Hope you did not lose too much money.

Done a bit of checking and L'Escargot was the horse that won the Cheltenham Gold Cup the day I went to the races. With my limited French, I thought it had something to do with frogs. L'Escargot is a top French restaurant in London, so the horse was probably named after that.

W

williamcafferkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its all good only lost small money try make it up later at the poker tables

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah its difficult to bet on horses.

I have two friends that do it and they have their own methods to it. From what I know you have to look at the jokey, trainer, and obviously the horse. Then the age, type of race, and the conditions in which they are racing in. I've seen my friends win and lose a lot so it's hard to determine but if you get good tips from people who study the program all the time, I would put a little bit down but keep enough for playing poker.

Hope this helps!

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best part of horse racing is watching the old guys argue before and after every race.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It s not easy to bet on horses. I did sometimes, its fun for a while but not too long hours. To have a good times once in a while is ok, you eat, have some beers, hang with friends, women and bet on the races.