Tim Tebow's Back ! ! !

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what does everyone think about Tebow being picked up by the Jaguars? Personally I loved him in college and really liked him for the Broncos. Was always a big fan. But I know his work ethic and I think he has used his time off to become even sharper. I would be shocked to see him start early in the season but once he does I'm convinced the Jags are going places. I believe strongly he will put up a great veteran performance this year and into the playoffs.

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought there would be some Tebow fans.. or at least some fans of football. ;(

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think he's a really great person! As far as making the team great I have doubts!

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a young Heisman winning QB, he couldn't make it in the NFL. Now, at 33, he's trying to play Tight End, with no experience that I know of, going against pass rushers who outweigh him by 50+ pounds, not to mention being faster than him and skilled at their jobs.

This will not end well.

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a young Heisman winning QB, he couldn't make it in the NFL. Now, at 33, he's trying to play Tight End, with no experience that I know of, going against pass rushers who outweigh him by 50+ pounds, not to mention being faster than him and skilled at their jobs. This will not end well.
he had a hidden x-factor stat though.. never gives up on a play and has more heart then most of the league combined. i really wish they wouldn't waste his talent on playing tight end. he can throw the ball down the field and move it just as good as mahomes imo. 33 is young. he has a solid 5 yrs of football yet to play and i think were about to see the start of something amazing.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I saw well in the roster it would be Tight End.

I will be curious that he will play.

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think he should have converted to tight end when he was first asked too. Instead of

wasting his prime years in other things then baseball. but i do think hes a great athlete and

hope he makes it as a tight end

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was also surprised by an unexpected move from the jaguars. I haven’t been following football for a long time, but I think it will function more as a professional support than a player. But maybe he can complete a season like Tannehill :)

R

RDHartsoe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope Tebow catches on with the Jags. I think it will be difficult but doable. If there is anyone who can get it done it's him.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
can never get rid of the tebow

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His religious theatrics always make me cringe - there are so many things more important than winning football games.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
As a young Heisman winning QB, he couldn't make it in the NFL. Now, at 33, he's trying to play Tight End, with no experience that I know of, going against pass rushers who outweigh him by 50+ pounds, not to mention being faster than him and skilled at their jobs.

This will not end well.

None if this would have come to pass without Urban Meyer (the new 2021 Jaguars head coach) being Tebow's former college coach and friend.

I think it a poor move and likely to end in embarrassment (best case scenario Tebow becomes a non-event and is never deployed in the position). As many other have said, why not simply hire Tim Tebow as assistant coach?

To top all, the Jaguars drafted Trevor Lawrence as the first pick so he and the team are already under intense scrutiny from the first play of the season. Any rational actor would avoid adding further distractions. According to reports the media circus that now seems to follow Tebow has already upset Jaguar players.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...yer-is-in-over-his-head-as-jaguars-head-coach

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This so much.

so jumping into the stands.. doing backflips... taunting.... is all ok right, as a celebration? but having faith and paying respect to your belief in a higher power that crosses the line?
theatrics lol. he had one move and it always lasted the same amount of time and showed the same sincerity.

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
None if this would have come to pass without Urban Meyer (the new 2021 Jaguars head coach) being Tebow's former college coach and friend.

I think it a poor move and likely to end in embarrassment (best case scenario Tebow becomes a non-event and is never deployed in the position). As many other have said, why not simply hire Tim Tebow as assistant coach?

To top all, the Jaguars drafted Trevor Lawrence as the first pick so he and the team are already under intense scrutiny from the first play of the season. Any rational actor would avoid adding further distractions. According to reports the media circus that now seems to follow Tebow has already upset Jaguar players.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...yer-is-in-over-his-head-as-jaguars-head-coach

this excites me.. so i know it excites tebow. i feel like some words will be eaten by the end of this season. cause tebow going to the super bowl bro. xD true fan but thx for the site and report.. its just hype though building.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
so jumping into the stands.. doing backflips... taunting.... is all ok right, as a celebration? but having faith and paying respect to your belief in a higher power that crosses the line?
theatrics lol. he had one move and it always lasted the same amount of time and showed the same sincerity.

Please avoid speaking on my behalf - its childish- as I said none of those things regarding other players celebrations.

However, as Debi, I find some overt display of Christianity particularly embarrassing...as I do other overt 'staged' celebrations.

That said, I also find it laughable when someone asks for an opinion in a thread and then promptly get butt hurt when a poster takes an opposing view.

If you're not interested peoples opinions don't ask for them.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
this excites me.. so i know it excites tebow. i feel like some words will be eaten by the end of this season. cause tebow going to the super bowl bro. xD true fan but thx for the site and report.. its just hype though building.

That remains to be seen, doesn't it? Hasn't Tebow only ever had a single pass in actual NFL play and that bounced off his head?

M

ManiaC00L

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please avoid speaking on my behalf - its childish- as I said none of those things regarding other players celebrations.

However, as Debi, I find some overt display of Christianity particularly embarrassing...as I do other overt 'staged' celebrations.

That said, I also find it laughable when someone asks for an opinion in a thread and then promptly get butt hurt when a poster takes an opposing view.

If you're not interested peoples opinions don't ask for them.

i dont understand really anything you said in any sort of context but by the rules of the internet you win.. congrats.

T

thunder_road

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the tebow experiment at tight end is over. the jags cut him today.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully the fan boys got enough from this Tebow return. That should be the end though lol

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yup, as predicted above.

Tebow not even making it to the 80 cut let alone final 53 cut.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
finally cut he had no chance of making the team

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think it may be time for the announcers booth for ole Tebow.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if he regrets not switching to tight end when he was still in the league as a qb. I wonder if he would have had a decent career? He was way too slow and too much time had passed for him to have a real chance at it at this point.