Tim Tebow

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tim Tebow is one of 4 QBs on the Eagles roster right now. He has been out of the league a little while, and it will be interesting to see if he makes the Eagles. What do you guys think will happen to Tebow? I hope he makes the team...

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He had terrible mechanics when it came to throwing a football, plus his football IQ wasn't great to begin with. He basically got by on his athletic talent plus when he was in college, the schemes were designed to mask his limitations.

If Sam Bradford stays healthy, he'll be very successful in Chip Kelly's offense. I would be surprised if Tebow even remains on the roster. Mark Sanchez is the backup, with Matt Barkley was the 3rd QB last year and I don't think much changes there. But, the one thing in reading about Chip Kelly is you never know what he's going to do and he's not afraid to experiment.

(Disclaimer - not an Eagles fan). It should be interesting to see what happens. I wonder what you Eagles fans here think about this.

Greg0201

Greg0201

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Tim Tebow is one of 4 QBs on the Eagles roster right now. He has been out of the league a little while, and it will be interesting to see if he makes the Eagles. What do you guys think will happen to Tebow? I hope he makes the team...

tbh i have always liked tebow in the NFL and he has always won games but i think he just got a raw deal and no one wanted to pick him up.. cause we all know he can play football for a few teams in the NFL .. hell he even won a playoff game not many qbs can say that lol

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tbh i have always liked tebow in the NFL and he has always won games but i think he just got a raw deal and no one wanted to pick him up.. cause we all know he can play football for a few teams in the NFL .. hell he even won a playoff game not many qbs can say that lol

I think there's many factors that come into play as to why nobody wants to pick him up.

1. He doesn't have a high football IQ in that he only functions in a limited offense that is easy to gameplan for. Look at the games he played against New England the year he was with the Broncos. He'd have some success early in the game but the Patriot's defense adjusted to him very quickly and essentially rendered him a non-factor very quickly.
2. Yes, while he did win a playoff game, he won on a fluky play against a much better team. He was lucky to beat Pittsburgh, and that was evident the following week when the Pats dismantled the Broncos.
3. The circus that he brings to a team. Mind you, it's not the kind of circus that others can bring to a team in that he is a good guy and cares for his teammates and does put forth a positive image as to how a professional athlete should carry himself.
4. NFL defenses have essentially solved him. The read option offense can really only be successful with a quarterback that is accurate and can solve the complex schemes that he faces. He hasn't demonstrated either at all in the NFL.

It's too bad really because there are so many pro athletes that set such a terrible example as far as personal conduct goes, and Tebow is the opposite of that. But, he doesn't have the acumen or the fundamental tools to be an NFL quarterback.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he wont be on the opening day squad, he's not a quitter i will grant him that