Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/11/tim-duncan-retires-san-antonio-spurs
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16980885/tim-duncan-san-antonio-spurs-announces-retirement
http://www.nba.com/spurs/tim-duncan-announces-retirement

A certain future hall of famer, and one of the most understated superstars in an era where it's about making the highlight reels on ESPN SportsCenter and building brands, Tim Duncan officially announced his retirement from the NBA. Even the way he went about announcing his retirement epitomizes the understated way in which he went about things, he remained true to how he handles things right to the very end. Contrast that with how Kobe went around the league with his farewell in every city. It was a big production everywhere he went, and yes, he was fully deserving of all his accolades as his career was exceptional as well. But Tim Duncan would have none of that.

Congratulations on a wonderful career.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he is a great player.
finally...come in to say Goodbye.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Going out the Tim Duncan way. Very humble and the best PF to ever play the game.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Surely a great ambassodor for the game and held himself with a classy nature

real_lee85

real_lee85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tim Duncan

Tim Duncan has finally called it quits. I have so much respect for this man for the fact that he stuck it out with the team that drafted his almost two decades ago. Lets not forget he is a damn champion. He isn't about ****iness or the razzle dazzle, or the money and the fame. You don't come across that now a days anymore. MUCH RESPECT

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tim Duncan has finally called it quits. I have so much respect for this man for the fact that he stuck it out with the team that drafted his almost two decades ago. Lets not forget he is a damn champion. He isn't about ****iness or the razzle dazzle, or the money and the fame. You don't come across that now a days anymore. MUCH RESPECT

If you're old enough to remember Barry Sanders (Detroit Lions of the NFL), he was pretty much the same in terms of being understated. You see these wide receivers or running backs with their choreographed dances/moves after they score a touchdown. When Sanders scored, he simply handed the ball back to the referee. There was no celebration by him. Guys like these didn't care about making it on ESPN SportsCenter.

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good player,i like his style and his patient.
So much respect for this man.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He was one of the best basketball players. I wathed him playing many times...it was a great career.

XChin

XChin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greatest power forward ever to play the game, he'll be missed. Spurs are still gonna be amazing tho.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Still abit surprised he did retire

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
All time great. Classy player who did it right.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never expected this guy to play in the NBA this long. He's one of those gifted human beings that make it look easy - while succeeding at a higher level. Thumbs up!

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tim Duncan was Def in my top 5 fave players, Def one of the best power forwards and post players ever

A

Alex Swan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is a legend!! One of the my favourite players

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally agree..... one of a few players you cannot say bad things about.
On and off the court, a true legend.

P

Pablo24A

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the greatest. He is a winner

S

Stihlhere

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bar none the best power foward to ever bounce a ball on the hallowed courts of the NBA

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gonna miss that Tim Tim Timmay Duncan says Playful:(

T

Tiniacos

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://www.si.com/nba/2016/07/11/tim-duncan-retires-san-antonio-spurs
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16980885/tim-duncan-san-antonio-spurs-announces-retirement
http://www.nba.com/spurs/tim-duncan-announces-retirement

A certain future hall of famer, and one of the most understated superstars in an era where it's about making the highlight reels on ESPN SportsCenter and building brands, Tim Duncan officially announced his retirement from the NBA. Even the way he went about announcing his retirement epitomizes the understated way in which he went about things, he remained true to how he handles things right to the very end. Contrast that with how Kobe went around the league with his farewell in every city. It was a big production everywhere he went, and yes, he was fully deserving of all his accolades as his career was exceptional as well. But Tim Duncan would have none of that.

Congratulations on a wonderful career.

one of the best power foward retired with great numbers definitly a living legend respect.

D

demacedo6

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best PF of all time without a doubt, he'll be missed .