Thoughts on Adrian Peterson

Cajunaimee

Cajunaimee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didnt do shit for the saints, had huge first game with Cards. Last week NO BUENO! should i keep him?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he's an awful human being, and in a league where scumbags like Greg Hardy finally got chased out I can't work out why a guy who beats children still has a job.

But since someone's probably going to come in with the "stick to sports" line... it's a crapshoot? He didn't do anything for the Saints because a one-dimensional old guy who can't catch didn't make any sense for the Saints in the first place (I'm still legit confused and disappointed that they signed him in the first place).

With the Cards he's on a team where they don't have any other viable running backs, at least until Johnson comes back (if he comes back this year) so maybe the workload is there. They're gonna be starting Drew Stanton for the forseeable future, so maybe they need to run it more... but on the flipside it's still gonna be a pass-first offense, AP still can't catch so Ellington will prob keep getting the passing down reps and he's still, y'know, old and injury prone.

In fantasy football I guess the question is if you drop him, who would you be replacing him with?

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn’t rely on him. Seems like too much variance. I would find some other back if you can.

Cajunaimee

Cajunaimee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i putting him up on trading block, no bites yet. my other rb's are Alvin Kamara, Chris Thompson, Mark Ingram and my LSU baby Leornard Fournette! So I dont need him. I just feel like as soon as i give him up he is gonna have an explosive game. thanks for the input. please come back as i will have more questions, my brother is drunk most of the time and thinks its fun to gambool and take "chances" with my team.....

Cajunaimee

Cajunaimee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drew Brees NO - QB
Michael Thomas NO - WR
Jermaine Kearse NYJ - WR
Alvin Kamara NO - RB-
Mark Ingram NO - RB
Travis Kelce KC - TE
Chris Thompson Was - RB
Leonard Fournette Jax - RB
Adrian Peterson Ari - RB
Golden Tate Det - WR
Jared Goff LAR - QB

Wil Lutz NO - K Greg Zuerlein LAR - K

Seattle Sea - DEF Minnesota - DEF

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dunno what format your league is, but I'd say you're carrying way too many backups - especially for how thin you are at receiver. Brees has already had his bye, for example. In what situation are you possibly gonna bench him in favour of Goff? And there's almost never any need to carry a backup defense, let alone a backup kicker.

Cajunaimee

Cajunaimee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right, i had to pick up that kicker my current kicker i forget his name.. ram kicker, anyway its his bye. i put golff ap and golden tate up for trade. sorry if im repeating myself. no bites, so basically u saying drop goff, seattle def, and obv i will drop lutz kicker after this week.

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I said to friends right after his good game, trade him. He has no value in the receiving department, and Arizona usually plays from behind. Also, the Cardinals schedule is pretty rough for running backs for the next month (except vs the 49ers in week 9).

Carson Palmer getting hurt was icing on the cake. Drew Stanton will most likely kill Peterson in fantasy. I told one of my brothers to trade him right after his good game. He just traded him with Sammy Watkins for Chris Thompson. That's a good trade, if Thompson doesn't get hurt. All in all, I hope Peterson proves me wrong!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so basically u saying drop goff, seattle def, and obv i will drop lutz kicker after this week.

I guess so - in the case of Goff, you don't need him for a bye week fill in because Brees has already had his bye. So unless there's a week on the schedule you can see where you really don't think you'd want to start Brees (and I don't see any FWIW - it's not like he's got @Jags or @Seattle on his schedule or anything), then Goff is probably just taking up room you could use elsewhere.

That said, it all depends what you can get for him / who's available. I'm guessing if you've got Kearse playing at WR then there aren't a lot of quality receivers available in your league?

D

DADDY O

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give him some time he still has a lil in the tank good luck

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fitting in nicely on his new team i kinda thought he would helps balance that team out