Thomas Tuchel comes to Chelsea

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So the news has come in that Thomas Tuchel has been appointed as the new coach for Chelsea.
Is this good news for Chelsea fans or did you want someone else to come in. Maybe you wanted Frank to stay?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a Chelsea fan, I must admit that a change has to be made. It was visible Lampard can not turn around the situation, but I think the right decision was to be changed at the end of the season, because there is no perfect coach available at the moment for replacement.

Thomas Tuchel was the best available at the moment, but for me I haven't got higher expecations from him. It is not my coach, but I wish him a lot of luck and to make this team play tactically well, because the last year and a half that was not visible.

After all, Thomas Tuchel is an experienced manager. He is better than Lampard for sure. He has worked in small teams and in big teams with a lot of stars and there were a lot of expectations ( PSG especially) and he did not perform bad. Has clinched some trophies. On the other hand he has trained or know not a small amount of current Chelsea players ( Pulisic, Thiago Silva, Havertz, Werner, Rudiger). The most important thing is - if he will manage to succeed in the most difficult competition in the world , because it will be a debut for him tomorrow.

D

DesertStorm46

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well that Chelsea draw completly screwed my acca

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for Tuchel this is definitely good news))), for him it is a challenge and an opportunity to really become a top coach. for Chelsea, the new coach is a shake-up for the team, the opportunity will reset to zero, mid-season and you can still return to the top 4 in the championship and prove yourself in the Champions League.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think to finish in the top4 will be his main objective. Hard but not impossible as we are only half way of the season.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that Lampard's dismissal was extremely hasty, I would have left him as a coach at least until the end of the season. Despite the signings, Chelsea's squad has no level to be Premier League champion this season.

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wait for good change in Chelsea.. becouse now play very bad.. maybe this coach have better game

J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My team is PSG, i borned in Paris.
So Tuchel i can say that i "know him" very well. Since we have the QSI actionary he is without any doubts the worst coach we had with Laurent Blanc.

He has his favourites, in PSG it was Gueye, Kehrer, Draxler for exemple, we can add a Choupo.

Concerning some players he has his own idea and will not change, for exemple Marquinhos playing in the Middle instead of DC...he is one of the best DC in the world and he put it there...even if he demand the recruitment of Gueye or Paredes.
Speaking about recruitment he wants to have the control of everything (and took money of course). Kehrer is in PSG because of him, Draxler never wanted to quit because of him etc.

Concerning the relation in the club he always had problems with people. Antero Henrique was fired because of him, he tried the same thing with Leonardo. During the conferences it was like him against the rest of the world.
Every bad results is because of "an accident", "the referee", "the weather", "the hour of the match", "the calendar" etc I did not remember the whole excuses he had.
A lot of matchs he did not care and play like you had to play.
He never put a real tactic for the team, it was like "give the ball to Neymar or M'Bappé".
I don't really know which players increase his level with him, really nothing.
He doesn't work a lot, the preparation with him is very bad etc.

I'm not certain that he is a very bad coach, but for my team i never want to hear about him.
Good thing for Chelsea, he will see Thiago Silva there.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
he will be fired much sooner than was Frank Lampard :D

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, he can breathe new life into the team.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon..Tuchel is a good coach,he reached with PSG the UCL final last season but ,as a member mentioned lines above, Lampard should have stayed till the end of the season,and if the team has a bad season, then hire a new coach..

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big game for Chelsea tonight against a struggling Spurs team.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is visible that he will try to use formation 3-4-2-1 or 3-4-3 which is totally the best formation for Chelsea with 3 defenders and 2 half backs. We all know that unbeatable team in 2017 with that formation under Conte. Tuchel tactics are good and Chelsea will start playing more good tactically than under Frank Lampard, but I want to see if he can overcome a period without good results. That will be the real test for him

Last edited:
J

juliendesp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon..Tuchel is a good coach,he reached with PSG the UCL final last season but ,as a member mentioned lines above, Lampard should have stayed till the end of the season,and if the team has a bad season, then hire a new coach..

Final UCL playing Dortmund, Atalanta and Leizpig.
With all my respect those teams are not big teams. Atalanta 1st time in 1/4, Leizpig 1st time in 1/2.
And in those games he can thanks Neymar, not a good prestation of the team.
The first game in Dortmund he made big mistakes playing with 3 DC in a configuration we did not play before.

Good coach in PSG it's wrong, that's why he is out.