Is there a GENERAL GOAT in your opinion?

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to all sports, is there a general goat above all other sports? Or do you think that there are only the best of each sport? The list of unbelievable is long, has Federer, Jordan, Bolt ... is there a maximum symbol of sports?

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a tough question. As you said, there are a number of athletes that have dominated their sport at one time or another. But, can you put them on a general sports pedestal above others? I don't think you can. Each sport has its own challenges. Each athlete has a story of how they became great and each story is interesting in their own right. If one is great in ice hockey like Gretzky, can he be a better GOAT than Jordan?! Eh....I don't think so, but they're both the GOAT of their respective sport.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The field goal kicking donkey, i think his name was Gus.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think one athlete can doiminate every other sport athlete. There are only a handful of athletes that can be considered the best of the best in a particular sport.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think so either. we cannot think in such terms. the sport and good, because everyone can find a sport in its capabilities (as a participant) and interest (as a fan).

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the sport. Mike Trout, for example, as great as he is, can not make his team, by himself, a championship team. But if you take Tom Brady off of the New England Patriots, they'd be hopeless. GOATS exist in basketball more than other sport, and that has to do with the small roster size of a basketball team, compared to baseball and football.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ayrton Senna is an example for many athletes of various modalities.
Here in brazil although we are passionate about soccer, we have Ayrton Senna as our greatest idol and example in sports.

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the sport. Mike Trout, for example, as great as he is, can not make his team, by himself, a championship team. But if you take Tom Brady off of the New England Patriots, they'd be hopeless. GOATS exist in basketball more than other sport, and that has to do with the small roster size of a basketball team, compared to baseball and football.

Pats won with Matt Cassel.....scored himself a great contract b/c of it too.....he failed miserably outside of the Hoodie's system. I have argued that Brady is a product of the system. There was a reason he was drafted dead last. There was a reason he sat behind Bledsoe. Call me a hater, what have you....he lost to Eli twice and Foles. FOLES! *eye roll*. I'm not saying he sucks, don't get me wrong. I just don't think he belongs on the pedestal some put him on. I'd put the likes of Montana, Elway, Bradshaw ahead of him as potential GOATS especially when you look at how the NFL is played now. Put those 3 with the offensive friendly rules they have now....mix in some Jerry Rice. Holy cow dude...

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could say there's a GOAT for each sport individually, such as Woods with golf or Phelps with swimming, but I don't think you can say that one athlete dominates all ranges of sports. A boxer and a tennis player can't really be compared.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, Tom Brady, I think it's the best to call him the goat always brings the Pats to glory

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, Tom Brady, I think it's the best to call him the goat always brings the Pats to glory

But I think that Jordan made Chicago wins in the same circunstances...

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the GOAT is either Bolt, Phelps or even Magnus Carlsen, because all these people are the best in their sports and are far ahead from their competitors in the past or the present. And of course don't forget their unbelievable talent.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Artem Lobov proved he's the GOAT.

Federer, Bolt, Phelps got nothing on the Russian Hammer.

He is not the best swimmer, runner or tennis player cause he thinks those sports are for sissies.

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Artem Lobov proved he's the GOAT.

Federer, Bolt, Phelps got nothing on the Russian Hammer.

He is not the best swimmer, runner or tennis player cause he thinks those sports are for sissies.

Of course...

D

drXalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In addition to all sports, is there a general goat above all other sports? Or do you think that there are only the best of each sport? The list of unbelievable is long, has Federer, Jordan, Bolt ... is there a maximum symbol of sports?

I think Usain bolt is the general goat, in his sport he is the lone uncontested best athlete ever. No one like Jordan or Messi have such gaps separating them from other basketball or football players

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Individually, Ayrton Senna, Guga from Tennis and Pelé I think this trio is a lot remembered in Brazil.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add Tennisplayer Rafael Nadal to this list.

Atleast on Sand he is/was /and will allways be phenomenal.

I dont think anyone will ever break his FrenchOpen Records.

And then there is Tom Brady, Football Player, who has been on the most crucial Position in his Sport for 2 decades and still going.

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add Tennisplayer Rafael Nadal to this list.

Atleast on Sand he is/was /and will allways be phenomenal.

I dont think anyone will ever break his FrenchOpen Records.

And then there is Tom Brady, Football Player, who has been on the most crucial Position in his Sport for 2 decades and still going.

personally I prefer Federer, but it is undeniable how incredible the Spanish is. Just get the historic confrontation between them.