Technology in Soccer?

juanchoak

juanchoak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon to everyone in the cardschat community i think this topic is quite interesting.
I've been watching soccer or football for quite long now and I witnessed several mistakes some weird ones and some normal human mistakes. The FIFA has been the federation that controls football since the sport became organized and some days ago a lot of rotten apples came out. Of the many scandals was that they gave the Irish Federation 5 million euros in behalf of the terrible hand that Thierry Henry made wich gave france the goal and qualified them for the World Cup in South Africa.
All this yatayata is to expose my point : i think soccer needs urgent technology support, instead of linemans they should set cameras that follow the last defender or the defense line and also camera review for tough decisions like they do on the NBA or the NFL, fifa and detractors who have fear of changes say that the time lost would be considerable but thats nothing to losing a final or a big game because of a human mistake or other suspicious activities that surround sports, the camera never lies.

:cool:

Gesshoo

Gesshoo

RIP Buck.
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We definitely need more technology. The referee/2 linesmen set up comes from the 1800's - that's all that was available then. And the game was a lot slower than today, and the players were a lot more honest!

I'm amazed that the assistant referees get so many calls right, but it's ridiculous that every week there are goals incorrectly given or not given. Penalties given or not given, etc.

We have the technology so we don't need to have wrong calls made. Use it.

Kidkododo

Kidkododo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is time the find a way to deal with offside decisions, they either give the line ref something else to do. and stricter handball rules too while there at it