Super Bowl LIII

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not an NFL fan and didn't watch it, but it seems this year's Super Bowl game is being dubbed, a Super Bore, including the halftime show.

I was curious about the price people paid to get a seat to see this year's action, and I realize that the game alone isn't the totality of such an event, but let's face it, the game itself should be the star moment of the weekend.

From what I can see, the average seat price was a mere $4500 or so.

Seriously???? Can that be right?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'm not an NFL fan and didn't watch it, but it seems this year's Super Bowl game is being dubbed, a Super Bore, including the halftime show.

I was curious about the price people paid to get a seat to see this year's action, and I realize that the game alone isn't the totality of such an event, but let's face it, the game itself should be the star moment of the weekend.

Ticket price for every final is probably overpriced so no surprise there :rolleyes:

PokerPete

PokerPete

RIP Logic And Sanity
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Well for people like Kraft, it's very reasonable...especially compare to the regular season price of a ref ;)

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a Snore Fest.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ticket prices vary from when you buy them. If you buy them earlier in the season they are obviously a lot lower. You can get nosebleeds for like $150 ....then once the teams are actually set that same nosebleed is now $1000. People buy up tickets all the time just to resell

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ticket prices vary from when you buy them. If you buy them earlier in the season they are obviously a lot lower. You can get nosebleeds for like $150 ....then once the teams are actually set that same nosebleed is now $1000. People buy up tickets all the time just to resell

Next year's is in Miami, and I was wondering what a guy can do to exploit those ridiculous prices by getting some early and profiting via the secondary market. So, I looked to see who sells them but had no luck confirming price or availability anywhere. I figured the next logical step was to see how one goes about securing such prized tickets and found this info:

Super Bowl tickets aren't like concert tickets, where you can camp out the night before and be first in line when they go on sale. And there's no ticket website that you can refresh a thousand times per minute hoping to get lucky. The system for distributing Super Bowl tickets is closely controlled by the NFL, and the best way to get a ticket is either to be related to Tom Brady or to cough up a lot of money.

But, I'll keep an eye out for some anyway and hope to make a tidy profit, assuming folks won't be scared off paying big bucks for fear it's going to be another yawner.

C

ccmonrivah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it was kinda boring compared to the playoffs, but we didnt know it was going to be that way, i noticed alot of quarterback ground banging which i liked but not on brady, i also thought the score was gonna be alot higher, but it is wat it is, n im happy of end results, edelman getting mvp super cool tooo. but now a rest til next time , go pats!!!!!

FoosDiva

FoosDiva

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can get nosebleeds for like $150

I'm sorry but this is not true whatsoever. $150 nosebleeds? On what planet? It's probably $2k get-in minimum face value. Your best bet is to work for or know someone in a company that gets seats.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sorry but this is not true whatsoever. $150 nosebleeds? On what planet? It's probably $2k get-in minimum face value. Your best bet is to work for or know someone in a company that gets seats.

Yeah when teams are announced season ticket holders get first access to so the price of tickets are insanely lower then when the superbowl actually hits. Just like champisonship games and everything else. But thanks

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah when teams are announced season ticket holders get first access to so the price of tickets are insanely lower then when the superbowl actually hits. Just like champisonship games and everything else. But thanks

Nobody ever gets a seat to the superbowl for $150 or anywhere near that.

D

Dallas4life

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
superbowl

i didnt care for the super bowl game either i thought i could have been way better but however i thought the halftime show was really good

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could get cheap tickets to the big game. Definitely on my bucket list

N

NoETdrizzle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I found it very interesting, because I was caught up in the amazing feat of Bill Belichick completely stopping a top 3 NFL offense with his gameplan. Especially since the Patriots had a mediocre defense the entire season.

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I came late at home and watch last15 minutes. It is a very interesting game for me xd.
I read the article before the play off and in these article Patriots are underdogs, but they again prove what great team they are.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it was a good game, people are too infatuated with high scores. I had money on it so maybe that made it more interesting since it was a one score game up until that last field goal. I think their is a difference in a bore game and 2 teams in a ultimate chess match, which that game was.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we can all agree that it was very surprising with two monster scoring teams that it was a shocker to be anywhere close to that low in score ,no tds for like 52 minutes was nuts

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What was wrong with the halftime show, as always had time to run to the store to restock on food & drink & not miss any of the game. I suppose one could make an exception for the JT, Janet Jackson show, but fortunately I had already seen a breast, although at me age, I can't recall exactly where, or why I was interested, butt, I digress. :confused:

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
super bowl

yeah, this years superbowl was not very entertaining it was more of a defense game

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The half time show was nothing special imo

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tom Brady makes regular appearances at the Super Bowl.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yes It can !
Super Bowl ussualy lasts aboul 4 hours !
It's the Final ! NFL making the most exited 7 expencieve port Show !
If I have an oppotunity to visiv Super Bowl (with my favorite team !!!) I'd be the happiest man in the world !!))))))))

B

bon2great

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i didnt care for the super bowl game either i thought i could have been way better but however i thought the halftime show was really good
The game and the halftime show were boring but some of the ads were okay

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But for a Superbowl I expected a bit better from the ads