emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have been a sports fan all my life and a participant for much of it, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, I played them all, some as a team and some as an individual and I had my hero's along the way, MJ, OJ, JW, PM, TD, RS, TW etc. only initials apply here.

The reason I do not identify them by name is that having hero's that play sports is a dangerous proposition, just because someone can dunk the ball or run for 2000 yards doesn't make them hero's and certainly does not mean they are even good people.

I will applaud them and cheer for them and support them, but I always taught my son never to worship athletes as hero's. They can be courageous, they can be champions, but there is nothing heroic about winning a game, that is saved for those that have been abused and managed to survive, they are the hero's, those that run into burning buildings, they are hero's, those that swim into shark infested waters to save a drowning victim, they are hero's.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been a sports fan all my life and a participant for much of it, baseball, football, basketball, golf, tennis, I played them all, some as a team and some as an individual and I had my hero's along the way, MJ, OJ, JW, PM, TD, RS, TW etc. only initials apply here.

The reason I do not identify them by name is that having hero's that play sports is a dangerous proposition, just because someone can dunk the ball or run for 2000 yards doesn't make them hero's and certainly does not mean they are even good people.

I will applaud them and cheer for them and support them, but I always taught my son never to worship athletes as hero's. They can be courageous, they can be champions, but there is nothing heroic about winning a game, that is saved for those that have been abused and managed to survive, they are the hero's, those that run into burning buildings, they are hero's, those that swim into shark infested waters to save a drowning victim, they are hero's.

Everyone is a hero in the USA. I love those gender change for wrestling tournaments and then switching back, beating those women and no one can say a word, it's ridiculous. I remember my grandma's words about young men and women who did sports, they were all example of honest and modest people, now it's all about money

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Completely agree with this, I used to watch a ton of sports too, have turned it down a lot. I think it has a lot to do with the marketing, its much more easier to sell tickets and merch to people who worship others than rational people

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself have always been a sports fan, but in times I preferred to play them not to watch them.Ofcourse I have watched football and other sports, but for example I never watched basketball, but I usually play it.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you are a little mistaken. In the history of sports there are many examples of the behavior of athletes, worthy of respect and admiration for them. We can recall the great Second World War, when athletes were in favor of certain death, speaking out against germany, these actions are worthy of respect, and undoubtedly deserve that the youth are equal to them.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many sports has their heroes. And people has their own heroes. Sportsman and woman are big examples to chindrens everywhere. They should behave well and motivate all to be better whatever they wanna do with their lives and jobs.

K

Kombateh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Premier League is my favorite competition... and my favorite team is Manchester City.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars