sport you practiced and why you were not professional?

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my case, the sport that I liked since I was little is soccer, but here in my country, Venezuela, women's soccer is of a very low level, almost amateur, there is no good infrastructure or leagues where a player can develop well in sports and live from sports. for that reason I stopped practicing it due to demotivation of the environment that surrounds women's soccer in my country, but I would have liked to live from soccer.... and what happened to you?

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sport that I lived and breathed…

I played hockey for years and after minor hockey- I played Junior B and then Junior A (Tier 2). I worked hard and played all year round. I wrote my SAT to qualify for playing NCAA hockey. Done. I drove out and skated and trained with the team- I was offered to get ‘red shirted’- I should have taken that opportunity then… i didn’t. I regret that decision every day of my life. I asked for scholarship money- already into the season- there wasn’t any left for the year. I didn’t think it through. After my discussion with coach Blais (North Dakota) I decided to come back next year- and earn a scholarship… big mistake- as they recruited more premium players and I missed out. If I stayed in October when given the chance- I would have lived and breathed hockey- eventually earning my position on the team. I wish I could turn back time to that moment- and live that life over again.

cindymagaly

cindymagaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played hockey for years and after minor hockey- I played Junior B and then Junior A (Tier 2). I worked hard and played all year round. I wrote my SAT to qualify for playing NCAA hockey. Done. I drove out and skated and trained with the team- I was offered to get ‘red shirted’- I should have taken that opportunity then… i didn’t. I regret that decision every day of my life. I asked for scholarship money- already into the season- there wasn’t any left for the year. I didn’t think it through. After my discussion with coach Blais (North Dakota) I decided to come back next year- and earn a scholarship… big mistake- as they recruited more premium players and I missed out. If I stayed in October when given the chance- I would have lived and breathed hockey- eventually earning my position on the team.I wish I could turn back time to that moment- and live that life over again.

Thanks for answering, it hurts but well life goes on and it's only once, try to take advantage of all the new opportunities that life will give you

PeLLeTTi

PeLLeTTi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked swimming too, but nowadays I wouldn't practice it, i'm ashamed.
But among these I think race is the easiest to practice, for the price and even for the convenience.
I have a skates too, but fear of robbery keeps me from it.

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Played b-ball and cfootball in high school. I guess because I didn't know then what I know now..
Young dumb and full of some. thing

blef121

blef121

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did karate and boxing and in both I was a good athlete, but I quickly get tired of everything, that’s why I got tired of sports and stopped doing sports at all, but I think if I had been doing until now there would have been some kind of achievement sometimes I regret that I quit, but now and then I even ran from classes my brother was a European boxing champion and he also quit

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say my best sport growing up was Baseball, and I did aspire to be a pro Baseball player. But unfortunately, I wasn't talented enough and I also made the mistake of not trying out for my High School team. But realistically, I had next to no chance, not because I wasn't a good ballplayer, but the odds are SO long for any person.

cardcounter

cardcounter

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I did cycling some years ago. I competed in ultra races like 24h hour race or nonstop race through Europe. I finished it around 15 years ago. Not enough money inside to feed a family.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Since 2011 I play Chess, which I happen to consider as a sport. It's been the source of endless frustration and happiness for me since then, and the reason I never went pro is because of my limited potential and diligence. Let others take this rocky path towards mastership, I'm still quite content with how I shaped up as a player.

jcmunoz33

jcmunoz33

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sad

Sadly my sport was taken from me, so I will never know…. :(

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Soccer, I got to play up to the 3rd division of the River Plate Athletic Club when I was 11, 12 years old but unfortunately my mother urged me to study.
I also give thanks to life that my mom made me choose that option but I am left with a thorn of being able to be a soccer player!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice basketball as rec player but never was good enough to turn pro.

B

bethqueen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played semi-professional volleyball in my youth and played for a respected team in my city. Unfortunately I had a serious injury to my foot that ended up interrupting this dream of being an athlete, because after that I never felt like moving forward with proper treatments to get back on my feet.