Chips
Snooker.jpg

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't require hard physical effort, but you need pecision and just like archery or other similar sports you need to have stability in your hands. But in chess which is considered mind sport you don't need any physical training or precision to move the pieces.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yeah, in chess and poker you just depends your good decisions.
It doesn't require hard physical effort, but you need pecision and just like archery or other similar sports you need to have stability in your hands. But in chess which is considered mind sport you don't need any physical training or precision to move the pieces.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if both players are equally skilled.
Then it becomes a matter of who gets pressured first.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if both players are equally skilled.
Then it becomes a matter of who gets pressured first.

Yeah, in chess and poker you just depends your good decisions.

Snooker. What's the matter? Stupid skating balls or your brain calculations? I will answer your wrong statements. The decision on the position of the ball after hitting is fundamental to victory. Comparison of angular lines after impact or rebound. This analyst thinks a lot of knowledge of physics, mathematics and algebra in one hit. The temperature of the cue, hands, table, and balls. It's chemistry. This knowledge allows you to achieve results.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Snooker. What's the matter? Stupid skating balls or your brain calculations? I will answer your wrong statements. The decision on the position of the ball after hitting is fundamental to victory. Comparison of angular lines after impact or rebound. This analyst thinks a lot of knowledge of physics, mathematics and algebra in one hit. The temperature of the cue, hands, table, and balls. It's chemistry. This knowledge allows you to achieve results.

While the game dose have a heavy mathmatical coponent to play efectivly,
math only goes so far.
There are times when no angle is present that allows for a continous run.
A person can place the ball stratigicly to froce the other player into a disadvatage.
So yea there is a mental side to the game, not just math and physics.
If you ever truly played the game, you would know this.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are times when no angle is present that allows for a continous run.

If you ever truly played the game, you would know this.
There's always the angle of exit and impact. It seems to me that you have not played this game ever.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's always the angle of exit and impact. It seems to me that you have not played this game ever.

And the point is to score more than your opponent. By placing the que in strategic locations, one can limit opposing players ability to out score.

I have played the game, though not very well, that I will acknowledge.
But I have seen matches where players have used a mental strategy against one another, and yes those games were far better than miss matched skilled players.

Every game has some form of mental metagame, even Snooker.
If you can't believe that, then you will never be better than what you are.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe snooker are unjusticed because need essencial good decisions but at the same time need a muscular memory.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
Sure it´s a mind game....as soon as you hit the ball in a wrong way and it flies
to the head of yr opponent....Just Kidding
There is no minding in snooker Just have a good vision and you make it
Rgds

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What this guy said.

In snooker you have to think 3 shots ahead, or more even. One does not have to be a literal math genius because the tables are finite. They say if you spend 10k hrs doing something you can be an expert. But yeah, even if its the only algebra, physics and math you know, you gotta know it to be good, not just great. I played and/or worked at a pool hall for 8 years. Was there almost everyday, more gettin high and playing pinball than pool. Thats why im not good. Probably better than average on the big tables though. We played golf mostly.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ps - i think people in this thread are all interpreting ‘ mind game ‘ differently. Thinking/strategy game, like chess or poker vs physical sport, or one that you can intimidate/chirp/or otherwise throw your opponent off his game. Its D , all of the above.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Prolly explains why girls do so poorly at snooker.

J/K, wanted to see if Debi the pool shark is paying attention.
icon7.gif