xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was out to dinner with the family and friends over the weekend and my younger boys seemed fascinated by something on TV. I glanced up a few times and saw that it was something on one of the ESPN channels, but I was busy with conversation and didn't have a chance to pay much attention to what was going on. My 5 year old started asking me if I wanted the blue person or the red person to win, so finally, I took a look and low and behold, there is now a thing called World Championship Tag.

Has this gone too far? We are taking a game we played at recess in grade school and have now turned it into and international competition? Is this going to eventually be an Olympic event?

I will say that my 5 and 2 year olds did like it, and I kind of enjoyed it as well. It is played with a Ultimate Ninja style obstacle course and though I don't know all of the rules (the volume was turned down), these Taggers (for lack of a better term) were very athletic and very determined. Would I watch it again? Hmmmm...I think it is like the Cornhole phenomenon and it's so bad that you kind of have to watch.

Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts about WCT. Are there any bigtime fans in the community?