Russell Westbrook traded to the Rockets for Chris Paul

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OKC in full tank mode now after trading Russell Westbrook to the Rockets for Chris Paul and draft picks. Westbrook is reunited with James Harden but it seems weird because they're both so ball dominant. Will be interesting to see how it works out for the Rockets because to be honest I think Russell Westbrook and James Harden are two players who will never win a championship but will always put up their eye popping stats.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's going to be who can get the ball more. Harden and Westbrook were both cancers on OKC together

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okc got the better end of it in my eyes, easily. Paul had 1 less year on contract, and they got a lot of picks to go with it. Houston got a overrated player, to match up with their other overrated player. I agree with frothy to an extent, Okc had Durant also back then, and russ played fine with George, so I don't see them fighting for the ball, but I see them doing like 80 percent of everything. I wouldn't want to be on that team.

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very happy for Russell! I wonder how he will share the parquet with Harden?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is terrible news for Oklahoma fans. Now we won't see them in the playoffs for many years.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might seem like bad news now, but you can bet it's the best news in future terms. They would have to rebuild even with russ, so being able to get even more picks to go with all those ones they got in the George trade is huge for their rebuild.
This is terrible news for Oklahoma fans. Now we won't see them in the playoffs for many years.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This entire NBA offseason has been wild. It’s great though, it’s the most even the league has been in decades.

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is terrible for the Rockets.

Harden wants every single possesion and Westbrook can't shoot a single 3 pointer.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been watching the NBA for about 2 years, so I didn't know they had played in a team before. I think it's a good trade from Houston. If they know each other and they are willing to play together again, they have an idea of what to change.One sure, the next NBA season is very interesting!

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Westbrook can't shoot from anywhere. He is a modern jprdan, taking 30 shots to get 30 points usually.

I wouldn't say it's terrible for houston, they had to make a move given what has happened in la. Paul was injury prone, and 4 years older than russ. But as I said above, okc got the best of it, especially considering what they got prior from the George trade. They will be able to rebuild quickly, 3 years or so and they should be better than ever if they use that mass of picks on good players and solid trades for young under rated talent that are on last year's of their rookie deals.
This is terrible for the Rockets.

Harden wants every single possesion and Westbrook can't shoot a single 3 pointer.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we will see what happens for harden and westbrook.

F

FuncrusherPlus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The inevitable Houston implosion is gonna be great entertainment. Zero confidence that Dantonio can handle the egos on that team.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no doubt about the talent level on the Rockets but its all about putting it together and sometimes when you have superstars, not all the time they can be cohesive.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Westbrook is going to play the #2 guard for Rockets and Harden will be the #1 guard. A good move considering how many turnovers Westbrook has all the time bringing up the ball. Rockets will mesh well and put differences aside to make a run for the Championship. The strength of the Western Conference should bring an intense focus! I don't think we will see much squabbling. Good fit for Rockets!

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems such a bad fit but it was clear CP and Harden didn’t see eye to eye in the way they were playing. Plus CP is getting up there with age and they wanted to get rid of his contract. Westbrook is a bad fit but being friends goes a long way. Harden and Westbrook have been close and I think they can make it work. How good that will be remains to be seen.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Westbrook harden here it will be powerful,I am very excited in anticipation of the new NBA season, where there will be no obvious favorite in the form of the Golden state!

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russell and James will not be able to share.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My fearless forecast.... Houston, we have a problem....... LOL

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chris Paul got punked ,Westbrook is damn lucky but both teams are not winning nothing