Ronda Rousey

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ronda Rousey is fighting Bethe Correia in brazil on August 1 for her Title Belt. Most people predict this will be a very quick fight and win for Rousey. Do you think Rousey is the most popular fighter in MMA? I think right now it's between her and Conor McGregor.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The bashing went on for about 34 seconds lol Bring on Mayweather

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there's a couple of ways to answer the question.

If you're asking who is more popular with the general public (everywhere outside of ireland anyway), it's undoubtedly Rousey. She's the one who's all over mainstream media and in movies and everything.

If we're talking with just fans of the sport... actually it's probably still Rousey in terms of "popularity", because fans seem to be split between loving and hating McGregor. I'd say McGregor would probably be a slightly bigger draw with the fans, purely on the basis that all fans pretty much know that a Rousey fight will be a squash match, whereas McGregor brings a lot of unanswered questions.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rousey is surely the most popular. All she does is back it all up in the ring. Can't wait to see her next fight, I hope there's someone out there that can give her more than a one minute contest.

J

jaydaddy0325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
her next fight will be against the only girl to go three rounds with her but the problem is shes beat her 2 times already. the girl from 145 has to come down for a super fight but shes been found positive on a steroid test so she isn't a competitopor if I was dana white that id let fight my money making icon!!
Rhonda rousey is truly a gold mine for dana white!! with jon "bones" jones having all his troubles all of dana whites big cards will include Rhonda as the headliner! I truly hope jon jones comes back soon and gets his stuff together such a bad story as he is such a GREAT FIGHTER but cant handle and doesn't likre the spotlight.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to have her babies.

That is all.

S

sharon mckee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shes an amazing fighter,animal in the octagon.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
she cant lose there is no one that can stop her right now

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anyone's interested in a hype-free examination of the fact that Rousey could lose if someone came at her with the right skill set and game plan, this is an excellent read:

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/killing-the-queen-ronda-rousey

If Holly Holm were a lot younger, I'd think she might have a chance of developing the skills required to give Rousey a really competitive fight... but she's not, so I suspect even that ship has sailed.

FWIW does anyone actually believe that a fight with Cyborg would be competitive? The same Cyborg that even Gina Carano got mount on?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Funny - I have never heard of her until today - saw a facebook story about the speech impediment she had as a child - but had no clue who she was.

Til I found this thread - now I know.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
She won some fighter of the year award & commented something like, " About time Floyd got beat by a girl." :eek:
I believe she is my new favorite. :)