Roberta Vinci

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I am glad that someone finally beat Serena!!! Thank you Roberta!!

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why? She is a top player, fight fair, she deserved every victory. I dont understand....

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Why? She is a top player, fight fair, she deserved every victory. I dont understand....

There's a lot of common thinking behind that bee.
It has been so in the past, it is so now and it'll always be like that.
If athletes are the very best over a long stretch of time, more and more people get a feeling like, hey, time for someone else to win.

It's not only like that in tennis, but in about every sport.
A lot of people were happy when Borg finally did NOT win Wimbledon, a lot of people were happy to see Carl Lewis beaten in a sprint...just to name a few outof the past.
Is it because they're fan of the opponent ?
No, it's just because they love to see big champions finally fall of their thrones.

About Serena....am I a fan ? No, not particular, but still I think she's a great champion and I was actually hoping she would win the Grand Slam (winning the 4 in 1 year).
About the match, well, the Italian player played a fantastic game and , as Serena also admitted, deserved the win.
So I'm glad for her, but that's something completely different from being happy Serena lost.

And before you ask, about Djokovic-Federer in the final....I know who you want to win it, but they are both such great players , I almost feel sad one of them has to lose.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a lot of common thinking behind that bee.
It has been so in the past, it is so now and it'll always be like that.
If athletes are the very best over a long stretch of time, more and more people get a feeling like, hey, time for someone else to win.

It's not only like that in tennis, but in about every sport.
A lot of people were happy when Borg finally did NOT win Wimbledon, a lot of people were happy to see Carl Lewis beaten in a sprint...just to name a few outof the past.
Is it because they're fan of the opponent ?
No, it's just because they love to see big champions finally fall of their thrones.

About Serena....am I a fan ? No, not particular, but still I think she's a great champion and I was actually hoping she would win the Grand Slam (winning the 4 in 1 year).
About the match, well, the Italian player played a fantastic game and , as Serena also admitted, deserved the win.
So I'm glad for her, but that's something completely different from being happy Serena lost.

And before you ask, about Djokovic-Federer in the final....I know who you want to win it, but they are both such great players , I almost feel sad one of them has to lose.

I'm not a fan of Serena but i was thrilled that she could win a GRAND SLAM, she is definitely one of the best womans played ever and she deserves all of her trophies. About the final i think thaT Federer is playing magical tennis atm and if he can play at the same level as he played the whole US OPEN i think he will be the champion this year. :)

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
nice game, but do u think she have the chance against Penneta)? if about Serena, even if she has played in men's league, she would have ranked in the top 10 :D imao. ATP finals: 3:1 to Djokovic, RF have no chance here)

enjoy tennis

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

Because of her reactions!! She is so dominant, and every time she misses ball she reacts like she cannot belive! You caannot hit ball full strengt and expect everithing to go in!! And one more thing, every player can celebrate good play, but yelling cammon when Vinci misses is anoying!! No other player does that!!

blackdevil724

blackdevil724

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
nice game, but do u think she have the chance against Penneta)? if about Serena, even if she has played in men's league, she would have ranked in the top 10 :D imao. ATP finals: 3:1 to Djokovic, RF have no chance here)

enjoy tennis

Pennetta will win!! And about Serena womens net is lower and she couldn serve near as good on mens heigt!! Also mens movement and shot strength i so much bigger that she cannot be even in top 300...for example, Sarapova played 17year old junior ranked 70 in juniors in training set and won 76! She was happy as a litlle baby knowing whats the diference btw them..he is still redfaced!! Nole wins final!! :)

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because of her reactions!! She is so dominant, and every time she misses ball she reacts like she cannot belive! You caannot hit ball full strengt and expect everithing to go in!! And one more thing, every player can celebrate good play, but yelling cammon when Vinci misses is anoying!! No other player does that!!

Some swearing, some screaming, some breaks rackets, one pulls his pants from the ass... no bodys perfect.