Return of the public to European competitions

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What did you think of UEFA's authorization, about the return of the public to European competitions, with stadiums with 30% of their capacity.

D

damas13251

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better then nothing

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Good news probably although this rule only applies to countries where government havent stopped fans getting back to the stands at all ...

So let's take England for example - Premier League is still bcd so i'd imagine England NT and english clubs in europe must be still playing homegames without fans but they do should experience atmosphere in awaygames lol ...

However here we have 3 homegames coming up in 7 day period from next wednesday and i am still thinking whether to go to them or not :hmmmm2:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning. .I´ve read that there are 27 European countries where it could be played that way.Good news for clubs and fans.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well currently it appears that not only every country but every city has different rules of how many people can visit a game and how fast they can be shut down if the local situation changes. I don t see how fair competition should be possible there.

On the other hand, the distribution of money in europes leagues shows that competition is not at all a goal anyway.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is one disadvantage of that statement. I also love to hear that news and there will be fans to the stadiums, but as Risto said if the government of the corresponding country said that they will not allow fans to stadiums, despite the statement of the UEFA, there will be no fans. And after that, we may have cases when a team can not use their supporters but all their away matches can be with 30% capacity, which can make difference in the game and affect on their game.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I stated in a similar thread about Serie A that I don't even think this domestic season should start until fans can safely attend in the country. It was bad enough that last season finished, but I think with TV contracts, sponsorship deals etc, they had no choice, plus it was a welcome boost to a lot of people at the time - after being shut down for 3 months, knowing that the death toll and infection rate was coming down, that restrictions were starting to be lifted, feeling like the worst was over, seeing competitive football again in June was good for morale, another sign that things were starting to return to normal.
So at the very least they should do the same and hold of now until this dreaded second wave starts to subside

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think a good evolution in European football is no wonder that it is the best football in the world when in other places it has not returned even 10% of the fans!

M

Mike491

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to open things up slowly. You can't have everyone hiding in their homes for two years.