Ray Rice reinstated.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So who is going to land Ray Rice, could it have playoff impacts??

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know where he's going to land, but I'm glad he got reinstated. You have to know Goodell has been over the top for his own reasons. Ray Rice has done everything in his power to apologize for his wrong. It doesn't hurt that his wife is fully on his side as well.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you really think they would let Ray back so soon?
I don't see him or AP playing til next year.
Maybe both with a new team.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ray Rice already got reinstated as far as I know hes cleared to play as for ADP he is out for the rest of the season. I agree Grilldoggy I think Goodell is a joke and should resign asap. He is far from beneficial and all he is doing is stuffing stacks of money in his pockets(about 44mil/yr). He has no backbone and caves to public/sponsor pressure when in reality all he had to do is make a moral decision and instead he fumbled then instead of fixing his error he only makes everything worse.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Colts continue to start Trent Richardson. Take that as a sign that Ray Rice will not play this season...

...and rightly so, IMO.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How much does he have left in the tank? He didn't look very good last season, and now he's a potential distraction for any team that signs him. Running back used to be a premium position, but it looks like most teams are just signing anyone who's healthy and cheap.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How much does he have left in the tank? He didn't look very good last season, and now he's a potential distraction for any team that signs him. Running back used to be a premium position, but it looks like most teams are just signing anyone who's healthy and cheap.

Running Back is now one of the most under valued positions and they are by far the most over worked. Having a top tier Running Back gives you a supreme advantage and if you have a franchise QB then your going to want them to have some run support and someone who can read the blitz and protect him. Running Backs are still one of the most important positions regardless of who chooses to or not to recognize it.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hungry for some Rice

Running Back is now one of the most under valued positions and they are by far the most over worked. Having a top tier Running Back gives you a supreme advantage and if you have a franchise QB then your going to want them to have some run support and someone who can read the blitz and protect him. Running Backs are still one of the most important positions regardless of who chooses to or not to recognize it.
I think Ray Rice would have to prove himself and might play with a chip on his shoulder. He's not going to get top dollar, but he's still young enough to have upside to his stats, so he's a good 'gamble'.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think Ray Rice would have to prove himself and might play with a chip on his shoulder. He's not going to get top dollar, but he's still young enough to have upside to his stats, so he's a good 'gamble'.

Its all on what team is willing to take that gamble. He may have been reinstated but that's just the 1st step. I don't see him signing to a team just yet.
2015-16 who knows???

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think his legs have a couple good years left and for a team like the Colts whose running game is lacking Trent Richardson is a wash, Boom Herron and Ahmad Bradshaw are the only good backs Indy has. As long as he has kept himself in shape I think he's worth a shot, hes a low to the ground solid running back just like Frank Gore, hard to tackle and a good blocker.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his legs have a couple good years left and for a team like the Colts whose running game is lacking Trent Richardson is a wash, Boom Herron and Ahmad Bradshaw are the only good backs Indy has. As long as he has kept himself in shape I think he's worth a shot, hes a low to the ground solid running back just like Frank Gore, hard to tackle and a good blocker.

The fact that a team like Indi haven't snapped him up, despite how bad they are at the position, speaks volumes about how valuable teams think Rice is...

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most teams are passing on him for the sake of saving a PR nightmare but I think theres certainly a few teams that will have to just eat it if they want to up their game to compete in the playoffs.

P

pokernut92poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont see em getting a chance till next season!! Maybe lol

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most teams are passing on him for the sake of saving a PR nightmare but I think theres certainly a few teams that will have to just eat it if they want to up their game to compete in the playoffs.

I dunno about that. It's pretty clear he's not going to play this year, and if we're talking next year he'll have an entire draft class to compete against, plus whoever hits free agency in the offseason.

Adrian Petersen is probably back on some team next year (I fail to see how that scumbag child abuser is less of a PR nightmare than a guy who punches his wife, but apparently that's the way of the world), Marshawn Lynch may play somewhere other than Seattle if he doesn't retire... Mark Ingram, Demarco Murray, Knowshon Moreno and loads of others will hit free agency as well and while not all of them will move, some will be available.

I just don't know if any team sees Rice as being so much better on the field than all the other options that will be available that they'd want to eat the ensuing PR mess.

C

cyclone45

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't think Ray Rice should be playing. Sorry, but that's my opinion.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ray Rice made one mistake. Sure, it was a big one, but what has he done to not deserve a second chance? He hasn't been evasive, has not lied, has been apologetic. He has no criminal record otherwise.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ray Rice made one mistake. Sure, it was a big one, but what has he done to not deserve a second chance? He hasn't been evasive, has not lied, has been apologetic. He has no criminal record otherwise.

I think he deserves a second chance just like grilldoggy said he stood in front of everyone and apologized and it felt real. He will play again in the NFL I still have a feeling a team is going to try and scoop him up cheap for the playoffs.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see any reason he should get a second chance - characterising this as a "mistake" is just wrong IMO. He didn't forget to put money in his parking meter, or forget to carry the one on his tax return or something. He punched a woman in the head.

I mean this isn't rocket science, you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcm0YqZDqG4

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody makes mistakes.
Trust me tho at no time is it right to ever hit a female.
I'm just not sure who is really gonna sign him for the fact of the attention that comes with him. AP I dunno to much about that and no way is his situation any different. Kids need some good whips in the ass here and there but there is a BIG difference between abuse and discipline.

Philly signed Vick and gave him his 2nd chance.
100M Contract bust. :rolleyes:
Will they even get paid?:hmmmm:

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Ray Rice can really come in and be effective for a team though. We've seen it a hundred times before that talent trumps character in many cases. Look at Winston down at FSU some programs wouldn't even let him on campus let alone play football as the face of the franchise. I'm not in any way justifying his actions, I just think he'll get signed.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eh - the question still remains: aside from the fact that they'd be signing a wifebeater, how many teams would really want to take a chance on a running back with that many miles on the clock, when there are a heap of other options in either free agency or the draft that are as good or better?

Seems crazy to me.

twiztidwolff

twiztidwolff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he hasn't signed by now I doubt he will be signed. Gotta get him in at least a game before the post season, RB's are easy to come by, if he was a quality QB the conversation would be different for sure about his future.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Goodell and the NFL front office use every opportunity to show opposition for every ill in the community that they somehow didn't portray the first time around. Who knows how deep their commitment to it really is, they're just conducting business. So any player that has dipped his toe in that mud is delaying his career. Guys like Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson will have to wait til next year to get back in the game, and still face 'business' objection from the NFL suits.

G

goodhandluke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he runs for 3000 yards next year