Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone.

When I was a teenager I played rugby and later was a junior division coach.
After martial arts, I consider this sport to be the most beautiful and the one that I like the most, but there is a very serious problem within this game and it is the deep class hatred, anti-Semitism and classism that inhabit it.
That was the reason why I left and, this year rugby was "famous" for three unfortunate events: in January 10 rugby players of around 20 years old murdered a boy in a dance hall in Pinamar, province of Buenos Aires. These murderers are all blond and high class while the dead boy was somewhat dark skinned and the son of a building manager, that is, from a humble family.
A few days ago Diego Maradona, the greatest athlete in Argentine history, passed away, and all the teams and teams of all sports paid tribute to him, except Los Pumas (Argentine rugby team), even though his rival, the All Blacks (new zealand national team) if they made a beautiful and heartfelt tribute to the Argentine idol.
This attitude of the Argentine rugby players caused discomfort in all (or almost all) of the society of my country and the appearance of some tweets of three or four players from Los Pumas, more videos of fights in dance clubs provoked the exasperation of many people, among the ones that I find.
An example of those tweets: "What is a maid pregnant with triplets? A cleaning kit".
At first the Argentine Rugby Union suspended these players but the subsequent pressure of the environment of that sport made the sanction void two days later.
It particularly hurts me that such a beautiful sport is practiced by racist, anti-Semitic, misogynist and fascist jerks whose only merit is belonging to wealthy families.
Another example: there is something in rugby called "third half". When the game is over, the home team invites the visiting team to a snack where they socialize and become friends.
Once with my team we had to go play on the court of a Jewish club and when the game ended I went to the bar of that club to do the third half. My surprise was that I was the only person on my team who attended. The others, even the coaches, got on the bus and left, leaving me alone with the local team. I was 17 years old and, luckily, one of the parents of the local team took me to my house with his vehicle. which I will be forever grateful, since I had no money and no way to travel.
At that time I left my club and went to another but as a coach of children's divisions but the wound was already open and soon after I left rugby forever.
I believe that sport should be a means by which everyone, regardless of social class, race, religion or skin color, can unite in a great embrace as a human species, regardless of the healthy competition that may exist.

I apologize for the length of the post but I needed to share this with my dear friends at Cardschat.

Thank you for always being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.