acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A true captain and role model, fair play, fights till the last breath, gives everything for the team. Oh, how much this generation's misses a player of his kind.

Did you already know this other side of this player or do you know another athlete who is also an great example? I would like to hear your opinions.

BBVA Fair Play award: 2011-12
52725-trophy-icon.png

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Definition of class. Possibly, the greatest captain the club ever had.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, I remember this footballer. there were also captains who spent their entire careers in one club. Maldini in Milan, Totti in Roma and ..., in general, in the 20th century, this was the norm, for example, Yashin in Dynamo.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not just a fair play legend but a specimen of the club’s loyalty pattern.
Only Barcelona was his only club and he didn’t want to play anywhere else, even though he could have done it because he was a good player.

mendax996

mendax996

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A real legend, one of the best defenders I saw playing. I don't think the actual Barcelona's team is that bad(despite the results), but as you sayed, they need a guy with his hungry and leadership capablities.
In old times we had some players with similar charachteristics as him here in brazil, but now a days in a lot of cases an young profissional player has already played for 3 or even more teams and don't have "passion" for anyone of them. They just wanna the money, the fame and womans. And they behave like spoiled childrens in the pitch.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
yes, I remember this footballer. there were also captains who spent their entire careers in one club. Maldini in Milan, Totti in Roma and ..., in general, in the 20th century, this was the norm, for example, Yashin in Dynamo.

I think before it was more about passion for the sport than anything else. Nowadays, things have changed a lot.

Thanks for sharing!