Pro Wrestling

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only really watch WWE when cool dudes i like are wrestling.
cesaro/owens/neville/ziggler/seth.

but i really like the secondary show NXT.
good wrestling.
simple storylines.
better wrestlers.

also sami zayne is my favorite wrestler since eddie guerrero.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont follow wrestling now but I was a great fan in the 90s. Moreover it's a great sport, doing those trick as a ~150kg wrestler is a big performance. I always appreciated them for making this risky show. :)

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90s wrestling was still pretty badass now its a struggle....just saying

No question though what they can do at the size they are is truely amazing at times i will always say that ,they have some serious agility and power,you can see the athletics background in most of them being able to move like that

Last edited by a moderator:
KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don`t understand why would someone watch a fixed match knowing it is fake.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You going to the cinema or theater knowing that this statement, just a game. Wrestling is the same, we look at the spots, techniques, stories, and who would not say that there is, wrestling very traumatic.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you consider it an "art" then the outcome does not matter and you enjoy all the performance and spectacle of it all.

vali246

vali246

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i liked the wrestlemania 31 moment with the rock and ronda rousey

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It's entertainment. I think wrestling was on top around 1998 when Hulk Hogan ruled the wcw nitro with NWO (ppl loved him more than before with Hulkamania). Watch some videos from that time and then you realize why tens of thousansd watched it live and millions in front of TV. ;)

K

kinguede

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its like a good soap its more about acting and the story.
anyone watches lucha underground? sick

defleopard

defleopard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A long time since watch wrestling. Basically WWE, still I like CZW Tournament of Death. By the way recently released WWE 2K16 on the PC, a great game)

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
90s was too good. Bret Hart was my favorite :D

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was hooked on WWE when Stone Cold Steve Austin ruled the ring.
The stuff with him and Vince, and with rock was great!

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice little pay day for the Hulkster

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I follow the wwe, and take it as a show, since it is nothing else, it would be foolish to think they are real struggles.

to see really punches I see UFC , BOX , Kick Boxing .....
which does not mean they are real because they are arranged most of the fights

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The current version of wwe is not as good as the old days.
But I still enjoy it, and watch it semi regularly. The new day crack me up, and the divas division is best it's ever been.

This new batch of guys look really good. That Apollo guy is incredible, if he's got mic skill he will move up quickly.

swiur

swiur

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wrestling is simulation. i don't like. I prefer UFC

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can't you like the new wwe, Shane o Mac running the show, all the new talent they've brought in. Got very good technical guys and flashy ones too. Adding the new divas division girls has been great
Might have to add another hour to the show.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started watching wrestling in the 1980's and probably stopped watching/following wrestling not long after WCW was bought out by Vince McMahon. I think wrestling was at its zenith in the 1980's with the whole Rock and Wrestling angle along with Hulkamania, and then into the mid to late 1990's with the whole "Monday Night Wars" between WCW (Nitro and Thunder) vs. WWF (Raw and Smackdown) and the nWo (though they ruined that faction when half the roster was nWo). They should have left the nWo with a group of 5-10 guys and that's it.

The problem now is that the WWE is the only mainstream show and it doesn't really have any serious competition from outside promotions. These other wrestling organizations don't directly compete with the WWE because they don't have the resources to do so. They appeal to a niche audience that prefer to watch that over the WWE.

The current generation of WWE wrestlers are trying to establish their own identity that can propel them through the rest of this decade and into the 2020's. Making the women's division more than just T&A is bringing them back to what they were like until about the late 1980's/early 1990's where REALLY talented women were wrestling. I've seen a little bit of Charlotte (Ashley Flair) and she very talented and could be one of the leaders of that movement. The bloodlines she has is REALLY crucial, along with her talent/charisma and she could be to the women's division what the Fabulous Moolah was from the 1950's through the 1980's.

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This notion of not liking pro wrestling because its not real is insane.
boxing, not always, but has been fixed.
MMA, not always, but has been fixed.
and even those sports follow wrestling patterns.

UFC biggest show ever was a spectacle with jose aldo vs conor mcgregor.
they had huge talk show appearances building up the fight. talking back and forth to eachother just like wrestling.
big giant spectacle entrances, complete with live musical performance.
and they even have guys come into the octagon after the fights just like wrestling.
all are entertainment spectacles. mma just has guys getting ko'd sometimes.
you, the viewer, don't know who is going to win. so what does it matter if they do?

all that being said, when wrestling is super fake and crappy and they aren't even hitting eachother, its the worst shit in the world.
just like when you have two guys in the UFC lay and pray on eachother, doing absolutely nothing to win the fight, its the worst shit in the world.

how can say wrestling is bullshit? did any of you even see that kimbo/dada fight? LOL

SMD Jabroni

SMD Jabroni

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so conflicted!
SAMI is my favorite wrestler since eddie guererro, but LANA is the hottest lady in wrestling since sunny.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the fight between Roman and AJ last night, was one of the best and final itself was the best I saw in this year with the conduct of the brothers