PGATour Golf and MLB

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now, it looks like the PGATour is slated to start on May 21. Golf is probably the sport that could be played while social distancing (assuming no fans show up).

The MLB is a little more interesting, but I read a report that said they might be looking at starting up again in early May.

G

goforthenick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are they going to play The Masters this year ?

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are going to open things up at probably close to the peak of the pandemic then why did they cancel the events in the first place?

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are going to open things up at probably close to the peak of the pandemic then why did they cancel the events in the first place?

My only guess is they didn't have a plan in place. There are still smaller golf tours playing right now. My guess is the PGATour is taking notes on how they are running their events and seeing if it is feasible.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PGATour is coming back on June 11 without fans. Definitely seems like one of the easiest sports to play while socially distancing.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't care for golf, but wouldn't mind watching baseball soon. Empty stadiums in Arizona would be odd but I think I picked a great fantasy team!

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't care for golf, but wouldn't mind watching baseball soon. Empty stadiums in Arizona would be odd but I think I picked a great fantasy team!

I'll take any sport. I started watching Marble Racing...

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody see the grapefruit league/cactus league proposal for MLB? I don't know if I am for some of the rules and regulations along with the shortened season and just the fact that they would be playing but I did really like seeing a shakeup of the divisions. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to that once we do return to a regular MLB season.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anybody see the grapefruit league/cactus league proposal for MLB? I don't know if I am for some of the rules and regulations along with the shortened season and just the fact that they would be playing but I did really like seeing a shakeup of the divisions. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar to that once we do return to a regular MLB season.

Yeah I saw it. I think it would be fun to shake up the divisions for one season.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I was thinking it would be pretty cool to do it like once every three years since baseball is a game of threes. Even thought so far as to rotate the the DH between the two leagues. I know a lot of people probably wouldn't be to interested in something like this but I think it would be cool. I understand why when you have two teams in one state one would be in the National League and one would be in the American League but in that third year I would put them both not only in the same League but the same division. I think that would also be great for the fans.