Opinion on whether Messi will leave Barcelona

Z

zyntsz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think Messi is likely to leave Barcelona?

In my opinion, it is probable because of the low team performance. The leaving of Neymar and Suarez will also add to the cause as they were very close during their times in the club. But Messi has been in Barcelona since his beginning. So, there will be sentimental attachment with the club as well. We can only speculate until the final statement will be released.

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In my opinion, it is probable because of the low team performance. The leaving of Neymar and Suarez will also add to the cause as they were very close during their times in the club. But Messi has been in Barcelona since his beginning. So, there will be sentimental attachment with the club as well. We can only speculate until the final statement will be released.
I completely agree. But I would really like to see him in another club. How he would show himself, what level would he show

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hope he does not and frankly speaking I see no reason why.
Low team performance ? FC Barcelona is the third team in the league
and he scored 30 goals in the league more than both Suarez and Neymar.
Only the champions league went average.
In my opinion if these two above players left the club it was just for the money and explaining it by career move is is just a smokescreen.

Yes he is loyal to the club and I appreciate that,
on the other hand what is the identity of the club these days ?
Nobody from the players is originally from Barcelona, there are like three from Spain and three more with Spanish passports, the rest are foreigners mostly even from outside of Europe.
I understand that this is present day reality of soccer but it is kind of sad reality.

F

Fida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Honestly, I want him to leave and join the Premier League, just to shut down the haters saying he can't handle the physicality of English football.

But seems like he will stay at Barcelona : https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-lionel-messi-agrees-new-24226737

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think he will go away. of course it will be fun for all of us, it will be interesting to watch him in the new club and even in the new championship. but remember how many cases in football there were when one of the leaders moved to another club, and then this team won something.
in general, Messi is still a high-class footballer, there is a decline, but there will be an upswing. better for him to stay in Barcelona and bring the club back to the top. they are still at the top, compared to Milan in a protracted crisis, it may have already come out.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
he wants to go i think but how many clubs are interested in paying him

Y

YR2311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No way, Messi won't leave, however FCB would need to make some serious changes

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I think he will stay in Barcelona until the end of his great carreer.Some changes in the team are needed.,specially in the defensive zone.

B

Belgiumburnley

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure that he will now that they have signed his compatriot Aguero.

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to Fabrizio Romano, Barcelona is “confident” that Lionel Messi’s deal will be extended for two years after “positive” negotiations. The Catalans are currently working on the final details before officially submitting a contract to the Argentine until June 2023. Romano also adds that the 33-year-old “appreciates” the signings of Sergio Aguero and Wijnaldum. In the coming days, the Dutchman will join the Catalans.

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Messi wants a competitive Barcelona. Now with Aguero (also argentinian) he has more chances to stay.

But Barcelona still needs to improve and buy some new players if they want to have chances on the Champions League.

A

aviatorsam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could see him joining Neymar and Mbape at PSG