Olympics -which sports should be added and which should be removed?

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any sports that you think should be added to the Olympics?
Are there any sports that you think should be removed from the Olympics?

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe e-sports :D becouse now is must popular, bad i know this never not happen :p

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be cool if football was added ,I mean USA would dominate but a few other countries would be in the mix on a second tier level under what they do ...cool to add another major sport to the olympics like hoops and hockey ,baseball have

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It would be cool if football was added ,I mean USA would dominate but a few other countries would be in the mix on a second tier level under what they do ...cool to add another major sport to the olympics like hoops and hockey ,baseball have

Though I am a fan of the NFL etc. the issue American Football faces is it does not span the globe.

A major thrust for those games which might be included in the Olympics is they have a global interest/participation to a considerable degree already. The US would have weak to comically no opposition. It would be no different than trying to promote Aussie Rules football into the games.

The other thing to bear in mind when noting a sport such as Ice Hockey, is they are winter sports/games. The span of games is much smaller because much of the world has little participation as the climates are generally more temperate.

As for games brought into the Olympics or those excluded, they will always be somewhat peripheral and to some degree the decisions political. Some sports last for years and then are removed and others are virtually one and done.

My only criteria would be a strong physical component...so I tend to disagree with the idea e-sports, poker or the likes of drone flying ever being considered seriously.

Last edited:
99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well i see what you’re saying I’d also be very opened to in the summer olympics there being the strongest man / woman of the world competition like the series does but at the Olympic level that would be crazy cool to watch and root for and that’s global !

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all, I think - e-sports > Counter Strike Global Offensive ! :)

have a nice day :)

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well i see what you’re saying I’d also be very opened to in the summer olympics there being the strongest man / woman of the world competition like the series does but at the Olympic level that would be crazy cool to watch and root for and that’s global !

I'd like to see this too :top:

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that the football tourney should be removed.

They don't use the regular national men's teams, so not so much glory in this tourney.

I would like to see a mental game, like chess to be added.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They would not remove any sport.
But what I would add to sports is Darts.
While the Olympics would certainly not allow for the usual amazing atmosphere of big TV Darts, it would be the real thing.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I believe baseball, softball and karate will not not feature in the next (2024 Paris) summer Olympics. Replaced by break dancing.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
bowling should be added

great_young

great_young

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Armwrestling should also be added imo.

BillyDuke1989

BillyDuke1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would add such sports as cricket and futsal to the Olympic Games. The first will surely attract the Indian people, who are still indifferent to the Olympics, the second is simply a spectacular and quite popular sport.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sports that one can be successful at while holding a smoke or a drink in one hand are not going to be Olympic sports.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you should add tiddley winks as a sport because ALL countries can compete in that one

Subel007

Subel007

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Armwrestling should be added
Also i'd like to see CS Go

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It was a demonstration sport in Tokyo but I believe dragon boat should be added as a medal sport. Get rid of the marathon....just joking.

S

SerValeMart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ice hockey (bandy) should be added to the Winter Olympic sports.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars