Officiating can spoil the true competition of sports for players and fans. What do you think?

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I find it very frustrating when officiating in terms of bad calls, and missed calls have an effect on the outcome of a game.
I appreciate all kinds of sports and it’s sad when a call is made or not made that leaves you wondering ‘what if’??
It shouldn’t be the officiating that resonates after professional athletes compete for the ultimate prize.
A prime example is the horrible officiating that recently took place at COPA AMERICA- argentina vs. canada.
I was disgusted by how many penalties were called against Canada, and the very few that were called against Argentina.
I was also disgusted by how many times the Argentinians rolled around on the pitch like children, embellishing and crying after strong defensive plays. And then they get up and are able to continue playing without exiting the game?? If you’re injured, that bad, you aren’t able to continue playing. They took Alphonso Davies down and he was seriously injured, and there was no call on the play. If it had been Argentina’s star player that was taken down- surely, the South American officials would have made a call against Canada.. so frustrating to witness this type of discrimination in professional sports.

Also, Shouldn’t there be a penalty for diving and embellishing in football/soccer as there is in one of my other favourite sports- ice hockey? It’s unsportsmanlike conduct and diving/embellishing. Get that implemented ASAP.

I’ve watched too many amazing games- and have unfortunately had the outcomes impacted because of an officials influence.

I don’t know very many people that like watching some people roll around- pretending they’re hurt to try and influence an officials decision. Get up and grow up!! It’s pretty easy to tell from a fans perspective who is actually injured and who is faking it.
Once again, if someone’s not able to continue in a game because of an injury, that’s obvious. However, if someone’s able to get up and continue playing at full capacity, that’s garbage.

We have the technology to review plays and missed plays, missed calls/bad calls, Challenge calls.. make things right. stop the insanity.

Professional sports need to be consistent all around- fill in the gaps and make the games enjoyable for everyone!!

T

thomasfrank

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
I find it very frustrating when officiating in terms of bad calls, and missed calls have an effect on the outcome of a Slope Game.
I appreciate all kinds of sports and it’s sad when a call is made or not made that leaves you wondering ‘what if’??
It shouldn’t be the officiating that resonates after professional athletes compete for the ultimate prize.
A prime example is the horrible officiating that recently took place at COPA AMERICA- Argentina vs. Canada.
I was disgusted by how many penalties were called against Canada, and the very few that were called against Argentina.
I was also disgusted by how many times the Argentinians rolled around on the pitch like children, embellishing and crying after strong defensive plays. And then they get up and are able to continue playing without exiting the game?? If you’re injured, that bad, you aren’t able to continue playing. They took Alphonso Davies down and he was seriously injured, and there was no call on the play. If it had been Argentina’s star player that was taken down- surely, the South American officials would have made a call against Canada.. so frustrating to witness this type of discrimination in professional sports.

Also, Shouldn’t there be a penalty for diving and embellishing in football/soccer as there is in one of my other favourite sports- ice hockey? It’s unsportsmanlike conduct and diving/embellishing. Get that implemented ASAP.

I’ve watched too many amazing games- and have unfortunately had the outcomes impacted because of an officials influence.

I don’t know very many people that like watching some people roll around- pretending they’re hurt to try and influence an officials decision. Get up and grow up!! It’s pretty easy to tell from a fans perspective who is actually injured and who is faking it.
Once again, if someone’s not able to continue in a game because of an injury, that’s obvious. However, if someone’s able to get up and continue playing at full capacity, that’s garbage.

We have the technology to review plays and missed plays, missed calls/bad calls, Challenge calls.. make things right. stop the insanity.

Professional sports need to be consistent all around- fill in the gaps and make the games enjoyable for everyone!!
While bad calls and inconsistency are undeniably frustrating, officiating plays a crucial role in maintaining order and safety. Without referees, games could descend into chaos with players resorting to dangerous tactics to gain an edge. The ideal situation is for officials to be nearly invisible, enforcing the rules fairly and allowing the athleticism to shine.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars