The NFL Season so far

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So there have been a bunch of surprises in this NFL season so far. What are the biggest ones in your opinion? What teams have been enjoyable to watch and what teams/players have been the most surprising?

For me the Lions have actually been a real surprise. They have actually been playing really good football. I mean they get shit on for being the Lions but they are actually playing like a team for once.

Also the Colts. even though I dislike them they are actually playing good football. Thought theyd take a hit after luck but they seem to be moving right along.

The Browns have been sort of a let down this season. Actually they have been a let down. That offense is not running on all gears , it's lacking and Baker is looking super NOOBish. Granted they have one of the easiest schedules coming up , even if they made the playoffs they will get tossed out playing like they have been eah they destroyed the ravens but the AFC north is one of the weakest divisions this year.

I wont even start on my shitty Titans though

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So there have been a bunch of surprises in this NFL season so far. What are the biggest ones in your opinion? What teams have been enjoyable to watch and what teams/players have been the most surprising?

For me the Lions have actually been a real surprise. They have actually been playing really good football. I mean they get shit on for being the Lions but they are actually playing like a team for once.

Also the Colts. even though I dislike them they are actually playing good football. Thought theyd take a hit after luck but they seem to be moving right along.

The Browns have been sort of a let down this season. Actually they have been a let down. That offense is not running on all gears , it's lacking and Baker is looking super NOOBish. Granted they have one of the easiest schedules coming up , even if they made the playoffs they will get tossed out playing like they have been eah they destroyed the ravens but the AFC north is one of the weakest divisions this year.

I wont even start on my shitty Titans though

The colts built an O line to protect Luck, put a decent QB behind that line and you get good results. If you can protect the QB and give seconds more time for the QB to throw, any QB can pick apart a defense with receivers who just keep moving.

The Lions may surprise me but I will wait till the second half of the season. Stafford makes mistakes in big spots. If he has finally learned not to do that it will show in a tight must win game.

The Browns are the Browns.

I feel for you as a Titan fan. I saw Game 1 and thought wow the Titans could be good. It was a mean trick to play on the fans.:rolleyes:

Enjoy the games.
:D

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like seeing the Patriots keep rolling and seeing the Packers return to being a decent team

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whomever did the scheduling this year did a horrible job at creating any fairness.

They took liberties in forcing certain teams to play more than 2 consecutive road games which didnt used to happen just a year ago. It is hardly fair.

Im a bit surprised at the short comings of the Atlanta Falcons this year, as well as the Chargers but to a lesser extent due to their injuries.

Detroit has been impressive after blowing week 1 to end in a tie in a game they should have won. I am very impressed with San Fransisco and the talent and speed they have.

I am kinda shocked that Kansas City's defense has not improved all that much.

Poor poor Jets fans. It must be a miserable existence to be a Jets fan.

There are a lot of teams that have vulnerabilities but potential and we see it every year that a team will have a slow start but get their act together as the season progresses and make a legit run at the play offs.

I think there are still a fair amount of these teams remaining so if your team has gotten off to a slow start but has a couple wins, dont lose faith.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think it's really been all that surprising so far. Colts were built to compete for the sb this year, and lucks back up... backed him up a lot due to lucks injuries. He had a lot of playing time with the team, so it's not surprising they are are quality team.

Lions have been building up, but I suppose I am surprised it's not imploded there yet. Who knows, maybe they wont.

Browns... yeah... the browns. All that talent that can't gel. A broke man's rams.

To me if I had to pick a surprise it would be how good the saints are without brees. This is along the same line ares the Colts without luck, but teddy didn't have playing time and such. They really haven missed a beat.

A lot of season left. Let's say the Browns got their shit together. In 6 weeks they would be the sb favorites. Things can change quickly. Rams, dallas, browns, chiefs, and a few others are underperforming. And a handful of what should have been quality teams have had bad luck with injuries. Jags, Pitt to name a few. It's kind of opened it up a bit, which is good in my opinion. Could be a late season dark horse come through.

Last edited:
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Computers make the schedule, and have for like 15+ years. A few people look at it and make sure that the non yearly opponents are rotated correctly, but besides that, it's all computers.
Whomever did the scheduling this year did a horrible job at creating any fairness.

They took liberties in forcing certain teams to play more than 2 consecutive road games which didnt used to happen just a year ago. It is hardly fair.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. I'm not sure what the formula is that the computers use, but given you have room play your division twice, and how lop sided some divisions are, it's impossible to have fair schedules. At least with the current rules. I'm not a fan of conferences to begin with. I'd rather have a tier system, where they played each team in their tier twice a year, and the tiers are determined by how you did the prior year. Would be more fun to me, and could open the door for some poor teams to be a dark horse in the playoffs. Maybe that's not realistic, but I don't like the divisions as is. Maybe just break it down to east and west only. You play every team in your division yearly.

It should be programmed to balance fair and optimal. They are not that efficient or fair in 2019

https://brobible.com/sports/article/2019-nfl-schedule-problems-new-england/

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The cowboys scared me in the beginning, but now they've reverted to their 8-8 selves. The Raiders are a surprise, really held together after the Antonio Brown debacle.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh Frank Gore coming to life has been kind of fun to watch. He's like 95 years old and still burning through tackles. The Bills as a team have been pretty solid and that defense is pretty crazy.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I am expecting Monday to be a shit show of off the wall trades . The Lions made an Odd trade which made no sense unless they are planning on tanking the season and hoping for depth in the Draft.