The NFL is rigged ...

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah was a really bad no call, 2 actually. You have to think of angles though and I don't see a ref who has the angle the camera man has. Besides that, I'd think if the nfl was picking winners, they would want saints vs pats as its probably the last time it would have been possible for those 2 legends to face off, rams and chiefs both have years to come of competing.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah was a really bad no call, 2 actually. You have to think of angles though and I don't see a ref who has the angle the camera man has. Besides that, I'd think if the nfl was picking winners, they would want saints vs pats as its probably the last time it would have been possible for those 2 legends to face off, rams and chiefs both have years to come of competing.

The Rams got two terrible calls vs the Cowboys that also helped them win, one where Prescott was called down with no Ram touching him. I think its clear the NFL wants to build the LA fan base that had obv problems in attendance this year. Either the NFL is rigged or the refs are making some very very large wagers in Vegas, sport is basically unwatchable these days

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems like the refs in the NFL are always making calls based on how much more interesting it will make the game. Missing that obvious call made the game way more fun to watch imo but was so blatant.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not an NFL fan, but I grew up watching football with my dad and he played football through college on scholarship, so I understand the game's rules and strategies.

I usually wouldn't even watch the playoffs, but my dad was in town (he's usually on work rotation this time of year) so we bought a 12 pack and and watched the championship games.

So here is my perspective as someone who loves and understands sports, but has no loyalty to the NFL or any NFL team.

The NFL is rigged. They did what they could to have the 2 biggest audiences meet in the superbowl and it worked. East Coast vs West Coast. There are literally meetings held somewhere between some people with shit tons of money where they decided that if the Rams and the Pats went to the superbowl they would be able to make the most money off of the public. There were instructions given to key officials in which they were told to call the games in a way that gives the Pats and the Rams the best chance to win. The people with the most money are going to make half a billion dollars off having the two biggest audiences clash in the superbowl. The only thing I can do to try to affect change is the turn it off. I'm not going to watch the superbowl. I'm not going to buy the products they advertise. If you want things to change you have to stop buying bullshit they want to sell you.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
The refs are human the game is fast paced. The refs miss calls all the time. Welcome to the NFL.

The drive before the Refs blew it as well. There was a huge miss call on a face mask on the Goff scramble at the goal line. That could have changed the entire complexion of the game Rams probably get 7 instead of settling for 3 as it would have been 1st and goal inside the 2. But no one talks about this huge missed call.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The refs are human the game is fast paced. The refs miss calls all the time. Welcome to the NFL.

The drive before the Refs blew it as well. There was a huge miss call on a face mask on the Goff scramble at the goal line. That could have changed the entire complexion of the game Rams probably get 7 instead of settling for 3 as it would have been 1st and goal inside the 2. But no one talks about this huge missed call.

No one talks about it because there is just no comparison between the two.

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the feeling of "it's rigged" but their is just too many moving parts for it to be rigged, and there would be way too many people involved for no one to say anything.

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it was rigged I think they would have done more to keep the Patriots out. Most fans are sick of seeing them in the Super Bowl and I think the NFL hates Belichick and Brady.

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not.. definitely not.
It was a horrible ref mistake, but the NFL is not rigged.
They missed a facemask on Jared too, so they are not against the Patriots.

This was just a mistake.

Lets Gooo RAMS!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Disclaimer: I'm saying this as a Saints fan whose team definitely got screwed by this no-call.
The NFL is rigged. They did what they could to have the 2 biggest audiences meet in the superbowl and it worked. East Coast vs West Coast. There are literally meetings held somewhere between some people with shit tons of money where they decided that if the Rams and the Pats went to the superbowl they would be able to make the most money off of the public.

Sorry but that makes no sense. First off, I'm not entirely sure how you think changing the teams significantly changes the amount of money the league makes? Tickets to the game will sell regardless of who's playing because it's the Superbowl. It'll be one of the the most-watched broadcasts on TV all year because it's the Superbowl. It's broadcast on network television, it's not like it's a wrestling pay per view or something. And the broadcast rights and commercials have already been sold, they're not going to get more money on them just because a different team gets in.

They might make some more money on official merch sales if a more popular team wins. But if that was the goal then they rigged this for the wrong team (on the NFC side at least). If they wanted the team with the biggest fanbase, they should have sent the Cowboys to the Superbowl instead :p

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disclaimer: I'm saying this as a Saints fan whose team definitely got screwed by this no-call.

Sorry but that makes no sense. First off, I'm not entirely sure how you think changing the teams significantly changes the amount of money the league makes? Tickets to the game will sell regardless of who's playing because it's the Superbowl. It'll be one of the the most-watched broadcasts on TV all year because it's the Superbowl. It's broadcast on network television, it's not like it's a wrestling pay per view or something. And the broadcast rights and commercials have already been sold, they're not going to get more money on them just because a different team gets in.

They might make some more money on official merch sales if a more popular team wins. But if that was the goal then they rigged this for the wrong team (on the NFC side at least). If they wanted the team with the biggest fanbase, they should have sent the Cowboys to the Superbowl instead :p

I never said the NFL are the people pulling the strings and I don't claim to know who would profit most off these things or who would be making the calls. There is so much money involved in this thing on so many different levels and you honestly believe it's above corruption? Not all commercial spots have been sold for the super bowl by the way. A simple google search revealed that to me.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never said the NFL are the people pulling the strings and I don't claim to know who would profit most off these things or who would be making the calls. There is so much money involved in this thing on so many different levels and you honestly believe it's above corruption? Not all commercial spots have been sold for the super bowl by the way. A simple google search revealed that to me.

LOL OK. When you said "The NFL is rigged. They did what they could to have the 2 biggest audiences meet in the superbowl" I assumed by "they" you meant the NFL themselves, but whatever.

Do I believe the game is above corruption, that decision makers don't let money take precedence over what is right? Of course not - this is a league where Colin Kaepernick can't even get a tryout but Mark Sanchez still gets trotted out to start games, and where Eric Reid mysteriously gets drug tested every 13 seconds.

What I don't believe, however, is that anyone needs to rig who makes it the Superbowl in order to make money off the game because it's the Superbowl. And again, I come back to my previous point: even if someone did want to rig this for the reasons you suggest, and they somehow had the power to do it, they would've rigged it for the Cowboys who have a way bigger fanbase than the Rams.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is to make the interference reviewable. If the NFL has any integrity this will be the change proposed.

However I believe the NFL loves ambiguity and the ability to decide the fate of certain teams.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL OK. When you said "The NFL is rigged. They did what they could to have the 2 biggest audiences meet in the superbowl" I assumed by "they" you meant the NFL themselves, but whatever.

Do I believe the game is above corruption, that decision makers don't let money take precedence over what is right? Of course not - this is a league where Colin Kaepernick can't even get a tryout but Mark Sanchez still gets trotted out to start games, and where Eric Reid mysteriously gets drug tested every 13 seconds.

What I don't believe, however, is that anyone needs to rig who makes it the Superbowl in order to make money off the game because it's the Superbowl. And again, I come back to my previous point: even if someone did want to rig this for the reasons you suggest, and they somehow had the power to do it, they would've rigged it for the Cowboys who have a way bigger fanbase than the Rams.

I didn't watch the game. Maybe they tried, but the Cowboys weren't good enough to win even with their help. I don't know. I don't really care either. Like I said it's my perspective from someone not loyal to any NFL team or their brand. Corruption in sports is world wide and the NFL is no different. It's a billion dollar industry, and their crown jewel is the super bowl where legit profits for people that own the rights is somewhere between half a billion to a billion dollars. I believe with all my heart that the refs in those games were making and not making calls based on instructions from other people and not what they knew to be correct calls within the rules of the game. Whether or not those instructions come from the NFL or other party, IDK. Did they get paid off or threatened. IDK. Were they all in on it. IDK. I believe it is because the east and west coast will create the biggest bucks. It will sell the most product. It will get the most viewers. Good luck.

U

Ustarkey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not an NFL fan, but I grew up watching football

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guys,guys,guys. Stop and think for a second,,,for it to be rigged,how many people have to be involved in the scheme,,,, Use your head,it's more than something to put a hat on,,,, :withstupi

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing the NFL came back today and fined the CB. After being called out for not doing anything..they just make themselves more money.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are always bad calls in live sports. Your team has to play well enough that they are not held at the mercy of such a call

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s not rigged but I wouldn’t be shocked if at times certain players ,refs ,coaches get coin todo certain things