NFL Extra Point

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should the NFL increase the distance for the Extra Point?

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to see an increase so kicking continues to become more and more less routine and more competitive. This would increase the 2 point convert attempts and thus increasing the drama!

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should the NFL increase the distance for the Extra Point?
Yes,,,i would like to see it done from the 50 yard line for 3 points,,,2 points from the 35,,,and 1 for the 20. :D

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. It´s seems so easy now

imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They just moved it further a few years ago, missed extra points are up big since then. Still should be automatic but clearly isn't lmao

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They just moved it further a few years ago, missed extra points are up big since then. Still should be automatic but clearly isn't lmao

They moved it back in 2014 I think. Percentage dropped from 99.3% and was 94.3% in 2018. I would love for them to move it back another 5 yards! Oh the drama it would create.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. They already moved it back and extra point misses have increased. Keep it the same. And move on.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They should have never moved the extra point to begin with. They've tampered with the game. It's the same with the kickoffs. By moving the kickoff stop, they're taking the special teams aspect of football out of the game. The game wasn't broken, and they fixed it.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea of keeping it as is for 1 point, then moving it back maybe up to 2 times for 2, or 3 points. More tension and drama as someone above said, as well as more like chess than checkers. Would get kickers paid more also, which I think is fair, because who has the most stressfull play of a game? A kicker with a few seconds left, 40 yards out, to tie or win the game.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a few people have noted above, extra points were already moved back in recent years. And ask Bears fans (or Vikings fans), how "automatic" they think extra point kicks are LOL
By moving the kickoff stop, they're taking the special teams aspect of football out of the game. The game wasn't broken, and they fixed it.

Pretty sure you'll find the argument for changing the kickoff wasn't that the game was "broken", but that too many players were getting broken on kickoffs.

Whether you like it or not, the injuries are down since they changed the kickoff...