Chips
Is the NHL planning any new teams?

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seattle is getting a team in 2021. Rumored name is Kraken.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In principle, it is logical to add one team to the Western Conference to have 16 teams each in conferences. It seems to me that 32 teams are enough, it is no longer necessary to invite, very many games at teams in a season.

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard something about a new NHL hockey team, but wasn't sure what city

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really stupid name for seattle but im really excited they are getting one. Washington, in my lifetime, has had a bunch of whl teams and Portland Oregon too so i dont see them having any issue with a fan base. Hopefully it wont be all hipster neckbeard tattoo geeks like the sounders. No doubt any shortfall will be filled with Cdns. Theres not an empty hotel room within a 200 mile radius of seattle when the jays are in town. I imagine it will be similar when the Canucks come down.

An interesting Seattle hockey story is they lost the whole team essentiallynto the spanish flu in ‘18 or ‘19.

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didnt really address your question. Theres been talk of quebec city getting a team back and theres always talk of a 2nd team in the GTA. The leafs, sabres and wings keep kiboshing that though. There is no viable market in canada other than those 2. Not sure about expansion in the states. Atlantas had teams twice that have failed. Houston had a wha team back in the day but dont know if they could support a team now. California is saturated and the fact that they all suck right now cant help. I dont think i know enough about america and americans to comment on what a good city would be.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If they are it should be in Canada but won’t be and I could see seattle

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seattle/Vancouver will be a fun rivalry. I wonder what team gets pushed out of the pacific division and into the central. Arizona? Vegas?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After Seattle, I don't think the NHL is expanding more in the near future.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d guess next move will not be an expansion but a relocation. One of these days, I expect Quebec City to get a relocated team.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope the Seattle name is not Kraken :D

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seattle is getting a team. It will make a great rivalry with Vancouver. Toronto may get a NHL team not to sure when.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if Seattle is going to be like Vegas, go to finals first season. Nice when they expand, so players who dont get to play ,on a regular basis. Now they get chances to start ,and then they show their talent ,that the team they were on before what they are missing out on.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if Seattle is going to be like Vegas, go to finals first season. Nice when they expand, so players who dont get to play ,on a regular basis. Now they get chances to start ,and then they show their talent ,that the team they were on before what they are missing out on.
I think it would be a better strategy to pile up draft picks by making deals to not take available players.

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more team should be all the NHL needs, 16 in each conference

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s some discussion that to balance things out, the draft ranking could be based upon the first 68 games played