NCAA Playoffs

Wgorham

Wgorham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who do you guys think will make the 4 team playoff this year? Who do you think will win? I personally haven't been able to predict any 1 team to be in. As an Alabama fan, I would love to think that they will be there. Unfortunately, I don't know if they can beat both Auburn and Georgia (if they make it to the SEC Championship game). Oklahoma looks to be really hot on offense, but their defense is suspect. Clemson is a great team but they still have to play Miami in the ACC Championship game. Miami looked great against ND, but can they get by Clemson? Wisconsin is undefeated, but have they really beaten anyone of mention? Auburn has 2 losses and still has to play Alabama and replay Georgia if they win. Georgia looked great up until the Auburn game, but they still have to beat Auburn or Alabama in the SEC Championship game. Ohio State has 2 losses and can be great on both sides of the ball, unfortunately, you never know if the A team or the Scout team show up for the game until kickoff. I would love the hear your input!

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Georgia losing to Auburn really throws a monkey wrench into the equation with lots of questions still to be answered. If Alabama, Miami and Wisconsin stay undefeated. In my opinion, should all have a chance to play for the championship. Clemson or Oklahoma would be my next choice for a wild card team. The next few weeks should be exciting football and will find out who wants it more!

Wgorham

Wgorham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that Georgia loss really makes things interesting. As a Bama fan, I am starting to worry about the Auburn game. Especially with our depleted secondary. Kirby Smart seems to be trying to build Alabama Jr. at Georgia so his defense is very similar to Alabamas. At this point, I don't know who would be the better Clemson or Oklahoma. You are right the last few weeks are going to be great!

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like Alabama is destined to lose to any team that it faces in the NC, if they get there.

MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wisconsin seems to get constantly overlooked. Every season, Ohio St, Penn St, and Michigan get all of the "attention". Yet, the Badgers have quietly gone about their business and put up some impressive runs.

Not sure anybody can beat Alabama though. And Saban definitely has the experience to get it done.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playoff shake-up!

Alright, now that Bama was beaten like a drum at Auburn, they've lost late and don't even make it to their conference championship - this is only a 4-team playoff so I don't see them being included. We'll get the ACC champ, the SEC champ, Oklahoma/Wisconsin/maybe Ohio State. No way Central Florida gets in without playing major teams despite going undefeated.

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ucf beats memphis next week i think they should get in

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UCF's chance at playoff

ucf beats memphis next week i think they should get in

The thing is they've already played and beaten Memphis, so I don't think the playoff committee is going to see it much different the second time around. If I'm in charge of the scheduling at schools like this, I'd try to add some beef to the out of conference slate. That's your path to the playoff. Another note, The Knights missed out on their early season game with Georgia Tech, due to weather. Tech had a poor year though, so I don't think even a win there would have gotten them over the hump.
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2116/ucf-knights

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coaches Poll

Have to say I understand why Oklahoma and Wisconsin would receive first place votes from the coaches, but not Auburn. Auburn has 2 losses and one of them is versus Clemson, which has 1 loss. The Auburn victory over Alabama was impressive, but you don't vault teams over everybody else without a little consideration. Clemson has been daring enough to schedule major SEC teams year after year and there is a payoff in winning those games that you can't ignore without bias. Aside from that, there is the fact that Clemson's last matchup with Alabama was also a win. So I'm only referring to the #1 votes that Auburn got, a little irritated despite the fact that the CFP committee poll is the only one to truly worry about at this point. Is there a way to see who voted Auburn #1?
http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

Last edited:
MikeShayne

MikeShayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THE Ohio State Buckeyes were robbed. Thoughts?!?