Question 1: Where will KD end up?

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good question! Rockets could use him but the Lakers have the money.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prediction:

KD stays in OKC, signs a 1 year deal.
Demar Derozan stays in TOR, same with Biyombo.
Maybe valcunias gets dealt?
Ross to the lakers
Dwight Howard to portland? (Reach)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Heard that a lot of free agents will be signing 1 year deals. New CBA after next season.

F

Firstclasskaos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Boogie to the raps would be pretty awesome.

rotty

rotty

I triple dog dare ya
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Prediction:

Ross to the lakers

No thanks on the Howard to Portland :D
We will take KD though ;)

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet KD will stay with the thunders next year, but they still will not win because the warriors are gonna three-peat.... hehehe

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prediction:

Ross to the lakers

Ross can go hes not even close to consistant 4 years in and paying 11 mil for a bench player starting this year isnt a great plan

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, doubt TOR wants him around anymore.

I think KD signs the 1 + 1 deal, so he can have the option summer 17' when RWB becomes a FA too. Highly doubt he signs anything long-term w/o gtd that RWB resigns.

Obviously, just my thoughts, but I'd be shocked if KD leaves to go anywhere but Spurs/GSW. What other team could KD join that would instantly have a better title chance than the Thunder? (Not counting the previous two)

Nobody imo. OKC is arguably 2nd best team in the NBA, seeing as the Cavs are just laying a massive egg now. I think he stays put, tries to recruit someone to OKC, maybe finally get the spot up shooter they've craved for awhile and make another run at it next year.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, doubt TOR wants him around anymore.

Obviously, just my thoughts, but I'd be shocked if KD leaves to go anywhere but Spurs/GSW. What other team could KD join that would instantly have a better title chance than the Thunder? (Not counting the previous two)

See, that's where I think exactly the opposite. The West doesn't have as much depth as the East but OKC, GSW and the Spurs are arguably better than any Eastern conference team.
The best thing for Durant to do would be to go East imo. Toronto, Boston and Miami probably being his best shot at getting to the Finals.
Boston has tons of cap space and picks plus a great coach in Brad Stevens.
For Toronto to make it happen, we would have to deal Ross and 2 prospects to free up the cap space necessary. It would also mean not bringing Biz back. Demar doesn't matter cap-wise because the Raps have his Bird Rights.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In terms of Valanciunas, I doubt he gets moved. Casey and Ujiri still seem very high on him based on end-of-year interviews and there was even talk of him starting to develop a three point shot to keep defenses honest.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But still, Celtics w/KD might not even beat the cavs next year. I would assume Cavs still a favorite over Celtics w/KD first year tbh, since they don't appear to be losing anyone.

KD w/OKC was 1 win away, up 3-1, from a spot in the finals. While the cavs match up 100000x better w/OKC than GSW and would have had home court/been a slight favorite, it's pretty easy to see OKC beating Cleveland for a title this year if it had gone down that way. RWB is a FA summer of 17', I doubt KD does anything too radical until then. This Thunder team has a real chance at a title again next year, while GSW will be assuredly losing at least Mo Speights + Festus Ezeli and probably Harrison Barnes too. While not the big 3, definitely 3 guys who make a real impact and maybe that's enough to push OKC over them next year.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rumors going around that CLE shipping Klove to NY for melo, so LBJ could slot to the 4, where he's going to eventually end up.

WUG, you guys like it? I think if you're the Knicks, you have to snap accept that deal w/o even thinking. As a cavs owner, I'm not sure about that. Too many shooters w/not enough balls still, while Melo arguably spreads the floor less than Love.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
durant, lebron making a new super team in philly wont that be funny

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to say that trades are a part of free agency, so how do people feel about the big ones we've seen so far.

D-Rose to the Knicks
Ibaka to the Magic for Oladipo, Ilyasova and Sabonis
Teague to the Pacers
Thad Young to the Pacers for pick #20

Pacers suddenly look pretty dangerous in the East (Teague, Ellis, PG, Thad, Turner) meanwhile I'm not sure that Thunder trade convinces Durant to stay put (or maybe he had a say in the trade)

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That ibaka trade should be vetoed it's so bad lol. OKC straight up robbed the Magic.

Pacers looking better, still have issues with depth.

Sticking with my prediction that KD goes back to OKC for a 1 year deal and next summer, him and RWB make their mind up then.

johnmenard1

johnmenard1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really want to say Boston but I cant see hime leaving OKC tho

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Same with above, KD staying in OKC imo. I think he has a decent chance to join GSW, which if he does, might as well not even bother to show up next year to play. I'm going 60% OKC, 35% GSW, 5% Heat/Celtics/Clippers/Spurs/Etc.

T

tke001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Durant re-ups for 1 more year. There's too much money to not stay 1 more year then cash in for a huge payday!

A

Alex Swan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about Derozan, he will stay in Toronto?

R

ryan100101

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why portland?

i think so too biombo and valencunis will leave raptors

what do u think about the draft any new superstar in sight?

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lf_aceboogie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
KD is staying or going to GSW. One thing I do believe is that if he stays they will win the championship I am 100% certain, same thing applies if he goes to GSW.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Things are getting too crazy 1 hour into Free Agency.
Mozgov reportedly to LA for 4 years 65 million (that is more than Boogie and Valanciunas)
Noah to the Knicks for 4 years 72 million
Beal to sign max with the Wiz for 5 years 128 mil
And Kent Bazemore reportedly to earn around 19 mil next year...
Absolutely nuts.