As an NBA fan for 18 years i am disgusted

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is just RIDICULOUS, DeMarcus Cousins to the warriors is the straw that broke the camel's back, the league is at an all time low in competition, just mail GS the trophy and be done with it. See you all in 2019-2020.

N

notahead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea I agree was big fan of nba but now with this league seem it stacked to few teams that can only win makes watching it seem almost pointless with all star lineup on one single team is almost going to automatically win in no competitive spirit in these guys seem other teams almost have no shot before fiat game even starts

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
The season starts in 3 months but I agree it is over already.

They used the Mid Level Exception to sign him so the good news is unless he wants to make $6M the following season they cannot resign him.

5 freaking all stars on the court at the same time a team as talented as this at every position has never been assembled before. It has always been 2 or 3 all stars not 5.

Let's hope he throws off their chemistry and locker room.

2019-2020 should be different. The Lakers should be able to assemble their bomb squad by then.
This is just RIDICULOUS, DeMarcus Cousins to the warriors is the straw that broke the camel's back, the league is at an all time low in competition, just mail GS the trophy and be done with it. See you all in 2019-2020.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's still a gamble really, he did have the absolute worse injury a basketball player could get, so we have to wait and see if he is the same, or if he favors it. I'd guess he is confident in the recovery or else he would have signed max somewhere instead just for financial reasons.

It's not going to happen, but I'd love to see gs vs new orleans in the finals next season and new orleans pull off the biggest upset in finals history. You really have to feel bad for davis, he had cousins back and he gets snaked like this.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never been a basketball fan. I don't like the game where one ball gives two points. This creaking of sneakers on the floor stand my mind. Have you ever heard the scraping of foam on the glass? It's unbearable.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not automatic for the Warriors, they still have a chance of getting beat. Even with the team they had to win the championship if CP3 would not have gotten hurt we would have seen the Rockets play LeBron. ...

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I shouldn't be surprised with the way the NBA has been heading the past few years, but it still disgusts me. I don't know When Cousins will be back or if he will fit in with the Warriors and the way they play but it is a chance they can take easily.

This whole superstar team thing is getting kind of old for me. It is almost like the regular season doesn't even matter anymore. Well in the West at least.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not automatic for the Warriors, they still have a chance of getting beat. Even with the team they had to win the championship if CP3 would not have gotten hurt we would have seen the Rockets play LeBron. ...

Vegas disagrees with you based on the odds they have out for the Warriors.

By the way imagine it happened after their 73 win season.

Durant & Cousins

Is that not overkill? TBH the Warriors can win a title without either of those guys.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That's why they call it gambling, when you are dealing with vegas,never bet the farm. ....

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it's pretty crazy, have to agree. I'm just not sure what the solution is. I mean they've tried to keep the CBA tight enough to prevent that as much as possible. But there's only so much you can do here.

His injury though, you never know if he'll ever be the same. Most players in NFL and NBA don't come back the same.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lakers are really going after some people now, so the tide could turn quickly.

One thing to consider is that kd is known to get frustrated easier than most, and cousins is a big baby... that could be a bad mix. Also as said before, cousins is coming off a horrible injury, he was never fast to begin with, and has a very low vertical. There aren't a lot of centers like him, meaning old school big bodies that bang in the paint, and a team like la for example, that won't be a game plan they use anyway. He may end up being less useful than appears on paper. Also, how will his ego cope with being not even second on a team?

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without kd? I don't think I can agree with that currently.

Vegas disagrees with you based on the odds they have out for the Warriors.

By the way imagine it happened after their 73 win season.

Durant & Cousins

Is that not overkill? TBH the Warriors can win a title without either of those guys.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe

The best thing that will hopefully happen is that they lose the NBA title this upcoming year.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A team full of all-stars doesn't guarantee a championship(just ask the Yankees) :star:

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
has anyone checked out the number of hall of fame players Michael Jordan had on his title teams? that's worth looking, for comparison.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Big guy, torn achilles tendon, I would think you would wish this on all the teams you dislike.

vagrantjunki3

vagrantjunki3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

What happens in 2019? They're going to be the team to beat for a while.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

The NBA has had a number of dynasties & have benefitted from same. What do you want parity, like the NFL strives for, 8 & 8 teams fighting for playoff spots, as opposed to teams pursing excellence?

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then, shoot, just root for Lebron and the Lakers.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They did, but notice I said current climate. I think without kd, they would still be contenders, but more of a 50 50 with houston, or the lakers according to who else they acquire.

I actually think he will be better this year since he won't have to guard the rim as much, he got pretty good at it the last year.
They already did once. There's no one in the NBA they couldn't defeat.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it's pretty pathetic. the gsw have an all nba player at pretty much every position.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's still a gamble really, he did have the absolute worse injury a basketball player could get, so we have to wait and see if he is the same, or if he favors it. I'd guess he is confident in the recovery or else he would have signed max somewhere instead just for financial reasons.

It's not going to happen, but I'd love to see gs vs new orleans in the finals next season and new orleans pull off the biggest upset in finals history. You really have to feel bad for davis, he had cousins back and he gets snaked like this.

What happens in 2019? They're going to be the team to beat for a while.
klay, draymond, durant, and cousins will all be looking to get paid next summer. they'll probably lose two of those players.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way it's been going they will take a pay cut and stay. Once one of them leave though it will be a domino effect unless they immediately sign a big time player. I could see kd joining a different power team. The lakers maybe if kwahi doesn't make it there. The Knicks will have a lot of options next year also, they could become a super team overnight.